Forums

Help › Forums

US Open

Mon, Jun 17 2013 4:22 PM (116 replies)
  • 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2013 2:03 PM

THOU SHALT NOT EVER !!!!!!  

count TIGER out !!!  ...  ...........so  sayeth the VEM God  .. :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2013 2:23 PM

2DAMFLASHY:

THOU SHALT NOT EVER !!!!!!  

count TIGER out !!!  ...  ...........so  sayeth the VEM God  .. :)

LOL. Might have to this time. Check out the guy who fixed Tiger's putting-Stricker!! Right in the thick of it even though he just got one of those infamous WTF shots into the water on 17.  9. Wonder if he'll yell at the USGA for stealing his ball.  :-D

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2013 4:36 PM

YankeeJim:
    Check out the guy who fixed Tiger's putting-Stricker!! Right in the thick of it even though he just got one of those infamous WTF shots into the water on 17.  Wonder if he'll yell at the USGA for stealing his ball.  :-D

Huh?  Stricker just got par on 17!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2013 5:42 PM

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2013 5:49 PM

With those pins on Merion.....  watching on the Telly,  we can't see the flags to see how strong the wind is.

-Roger

I agree Roger - It's time to outlaw grannys' sewing baskets.  Would prefer seeing a flag fly!  One exception, here on WGT, it might effect ones' meter.  BTW -  I won't be able to contact Merion to remove them because I'm too scared too.  lol  --   just dandy

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2013 6:36 PM

Watched all day long, at one point one of the announcers said said that they were struggling because the are not precision golfers anymore. Better clubs, better balls, longer coarses but the rough on most coares nowadays is easer to hit out of than off the fairway and the bunkers are to shallow. Thought he made a good point as Merion is kicking a lot of a$$. Can't wait for  tomorrow........should be a high drama round as you can get in soooo much trouble with a bad shot.   

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2013 6:55 PM

Boomerboy44:

Watched all day long, at one point one of the announcers said said that they were struggling because the are not precision golfers anymore. Better clubs, better balls, longer coarses but the rough on most coares nowadays is easer to hit out of than off the fairway and the bunkers are to shallow. Thought he made a good point as Merion is kicking a lot of a$. Can't wait for  tomorrow........should be a high drama round as you can get in soooo much trouble with a bad shot.   

I was thinking the same thing.....  awhile back they were trying to make courses Tiger proof... made em longer in some cases... which handed him a green card to do anything...lol

Courses now are long and nice if you get off the fairway....  Merion is short and deadly off the fairway (but it is an Open course...where the rough is usually bad).... the Pro's can't handle that... they don't know how to play these type of courses.....lol

It is going to be a very interesting last round.

I know what Tigers problem is.....  first time I've seen him for ages...  he has bulked up....  not as skinny as he use to be.....  that might be his problem....lol

-Roger

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:35 PM

mantis0014:

I tried to work it out.....   maybe the course is too short for em.  Looking at the tree's in the 3rd round....  no wind, maybe a slight breeze...still the players are having heaps of troubles.....lol

Telecast is great... I love the close up, super slo-mo replay of the driver hitting the ball on the tee... the way the ball distorts on impact is incredible

they were talking on the "live from the open" show ,(by the way who are their "experts"?), that with the narrow fairways and the design of some of these holes the players, especially the "big hitters" were having trouble "playing down" to the fairways and as a result missing many of them. The FIR for this tourney isn't real good, and along with difficult greens  the pro's are having a lot of problems.

This is the second in recent tourneys thatTiger seems to have misplaced his "mojo". The commentators were talking about his elbow or wrist being hurt. Tiger mentioned hurting his wrist recently in a tourney, but something is bothering him that's for sure. Only one player under par after 3 rounds. They haven't had this much trouble that I remember since Olympic

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2013 10:31 PM

Ya know what I'd really like to see?

The winner drain a 36 footer on 18 for the victory.

While being interviewed and asked "What was going through your mind on the putt on 18"

Have him say:

"Well, it looks flat, but playing this course on WGT I knew there was 10 inches or so of break...then it was all about the speed"

Then have him turn to the camera and say:

"Yeah guys, I dinged it"

RSS