Forums

Help › Forums

US Open

Mon, Jun 17 2013 4:22 PM (116 replies)
  • scottishbloke
    1,277 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:11 AM

good to see our side of the pond conditions. gives the euros a good chance to win it.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:17 AM

goldeena:

Thanx for the link.

Now can anybody tell me why the scoreboard says Tiger Woods is thru 4 holes of the second round yet on the TV he has just teed off from the 15th?? - am I completely lost by all this early round logistical business and should I just stick to the final days play and know my place as a part-timer??

lost here??!

he started 2nd round on 11th ...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 10:09 AM

goldeena:
    am I completely lost by all this early round logistical business

There's 52 threesomes in a 156 player field. Tee times are about 12 minutes apart so you get 5 starts an hour, 10 if you use 2 "first holes" and Merion is using 1 and 11 for this. Then you have to factor in the guys making the turn running into guys just teeing off.

LOL. Much confusion understandable.  :-D

• dandycap
    1,806 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 10:19 AM
    Now that the sun is out, I think conditions will be changing radically. I'm glued to all this. lol -- just dandy
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 11:45 AM

LMAO. That's the definition of Slow Play and what it does to the tee off..

"C'mon lady, hook the damned duck, there's people waitin'."

• Minkywinkster
    1,777 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 12:42 PM

After having seen all these reports about how the pros will destroy Merion because of the wet weather slowing conditions up and the course being so short, I take a somewhat sadistic pleasure in seeing all my frustrations from playing it on WGT manifest themselves in the faces and shots of the pros playing it today. Merion has bitten back real hard. The course record is a six under par 64 and it will take a Herculean effort from any of the pros out there today or possibly over the weekend to break 67 let alone 64...thoroughly enjoyable viewing

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 4:39 PM

BubbaCrusher007:

I'd like to see Phil Michelson have a chance to NOT blow it. Did you hear that Phil?

Get there this time and DON"T blow it!

He's having a bit of a meltdown ....only 1 shot off the lead though in the 2nd round. He has also missed a few very short putts.

RSS