Thu, Jun 13 2013 3:25 PM

Play suspended for rain.

I saw a WGT advert on the USGA feed.

• amb1923
    223 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2013 7:23 PM

ApexPC:
    I saw a WGT advert on the USGA feed.

Saw that, too - but it looked like it had some kind of souped-up animated avatar. Odd.

Always cool to see the Open after I've become familiar with the course playing here - especially when some of the pins are in the same place. Have also been enjoying watching the pros make hash out of #5, just like I do here :)

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2013 9:58 PM

lol Was about to suggest the same...That #5 is just as hard in real life it seems.

It's a pity about the rain, firstly because of the suspended play but also because the greens are not playing as fast as they would if it was dry. Was looking forward to watching putt's rolling right of the green from 5ft away from the pin. lol Well the little sadist in me was looking forward to it at least.

• stevenharkin
    1,921 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 2:20 AM

Was funny watching swartschel on hole 18 yest, it is same pin as WGT's. He was about 6 ft from hole, to the right and tad short. I have had this exact putt twice now on WGT and the dot's show dead straight, but the dot's lie as it breaks right at the cup.

Was little strange to see him ask his caddy for advice on the line esp as it was only 6ft, but anyhow, it seem's they both agreed it was a straight putt. He then aimed it straight but it talied off right at the cup to the right. They both gave each other a wee look to say"how the heck did that happen".

If only they practiced on here 1st :)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 4:43 AM

Scott is playing good golf....  What's wrong with Tiger? ...lol

Havn't seen any coverage, just heard scores.....  and bad light stopped play.

Looking forward to watch it... now the weekend is here.

-Roger

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:25 AM

sky sports ... best feed i've seen ... 

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:35 AM

I'd like to see Phil Michelson have a chance to NOT blow it. Did you hear that Phil?

Get there this time and DON"T blow it!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 8:01 AM

What a shot from Donald for the lead. I must remember that one.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2013 8:51 AM

The course is proving to be quite a challenge for them too.

RSS