Forums

Help › Forums

Try it before buying it?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 26 2009 7:46 AM (6 replies)
  • Gigs1973
    528 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2009 6:31 AM

It's too bad that you couldn't "rent" a set of clubs for 100 credits for 24 hours (or 10 rounds, for example). That way, people would know if they want to drop the cash on the Pings. I know I would be more likely to "rent" the clubs prior to purchasing them. This could be another option to make some more money for WGT.

• jphughes
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2009 7:21 AM

I'm trying to figure out how much $ equals 1 credit.  I saw where you can purchase clubs and wanted to see how much $$ would it take to get a 600 credit club.  Could you help?

Thanks!

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2009 9:20 AM

1 credit cost 0.01$ that means that a 600 credit worth club 6$ cost

greetings

• chicagorob14
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2009 11:06 AM

I couldn't agree more.  The thing is, I upgraded my clubs and I could not be more disappointed.  I spent $17+ on a set of clubs that makes the game A LOT harder. 

The PING clubs are vastly less forgiving than the free-bees.  When you miss the accuracy line by a very small amount, you're punished, and given the extent to which you're punished for hitting even the light rough, you end up doubly punished.

AND the shot meter moves 3-4 times as fast as the freebees.  Now, this wouldn't be a big deal, as I could get used to it if it weren't for the fact that the shot meter "pauses," so to speak, in the middle of a shot, thereby making the speed of the shot meter inconsistent.  But now, instead of having time to adjust to the pause, I get screwed by it.

Now, I played well enough with the freebees that I was upgraded from "Hack" to "Amatuer," which is cool, but by doing that, they moved the tees back, significantly.  Now, when I played a round with the free clubs, I quickly realized that hitting 3-wood as my second shot into a 390 yard hole was problematic, so I was inspired to upgrade.  But the distance that was added by the upgrade in clubs is more than offset by the loss of accuracy, such that I regret upgrading and spending the money on the new clubs.  It's possible, with additional rounds, that I'll change my mind, but I went from shooting, on average, -3 or -4 on the back 9 at the Hawaiian course to battling to make pars.  I have yet to see a score under par, even in practice rounds switched back to the short tees.

• Nikullis
    8 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2009 12:32 PM

It is far too funny to the rest of us that watch people squabbling over the equipment they have bought online. THE CLUBS WE START WITH, AS MEN, REFLECT DISTANCES AN AMATEUR WOMAN WOULD IT. Seriously, for those of us that are competitive in real life and hit the ball long, it is so so so so frustrating to be hitting these dinky distances. THE GAME WOULD BE SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER, AND MORE COMPETITIVE, WITH TRUER DISTANCES ON SHOTS, MORESO DRIVES!! The game itself and the courses should be the challenge for any user, not trying to figure out why your clubs are messed and why the wind and distance of your shots is so whack!!  That being said, i do love the game and play it all the time but would appreciate a little less frustration from programming issues, and sticking strictly with the frustration that comes from hitting bad shots.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2009 9:06 PM

Hey Nik,

Lets not make this another TW console game.  Distances are fine for the difficulty level... if not a bit too easy.

• Gigs1973
    528 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 7:46 AM

So how about it? I'm so close to buying the R9, but really wish I could "rent" it first.

RSS