Forums

Help › Forums

Completion Rate - Good, Average, Poor?

Mon, Jul 8 2019 9:44 PM (23 replies)
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 8:43 PM

Is someone able to offer an explanation (not a guess) as to how WGT works out it's completion rate of the different game modes?

Only on rare occasions have I left a game for reasons such as a player taking an eternity to load but staying connected to the game. The rest of the time I've had issues such as Adobe Flash Player crashed or more commonly a WGT unknown error.

How does this affect the stats? I find it odd that I've completed so many games yet my stats still show poor completion.

Do I get poor completion if I drop a single player game practicing my stroke for example?

What about all the times I've had a so-called 'teammate' drop out of an alternative shot game?

I'm assuming that just about everything negatively affects these statistics and that's why players keep declining to play with anyone who has less than good completion.

It'd be great if WGT could offer a full explanation.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2013 12:28 AM

hi

afaik, completed game are completed game and if game is not completed then it's not completed. trying to decide between different modes and causes why game is not complete is impossible.

so, yes, if game crashed because of flash and person was not able to return, it would count in those stats. 

practice rounds do not count for incompletions or completions.

-wgticon

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2013 5:29 AM

Go and play 20 games of blitz......you'll have a big green tick in no time :)

Andy

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 6:42 PM

OK, thanks for the advice, I'll try that.

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2013 7:58 PM

I'm not surprised that the game is prone to technical glitches.

It's just the high amount of errors, glitches and faults with the game often leaving players frozen mid shot or with a blank screen or stuck loading etc that force them to close the window and be penalized with poor completion statistics is very unfair.

I don't know that there's much you can do about it but it does make you wonder what is the point in having completion statistics in the first place. It just seems like a way to discriminate over who you play with based on an assumption that they choose to quit the game which is often not the case.

When you've cleared your Browser Cache and Adobe Cache and have a quick connection which loads the game quickly and you've followed every protocol to ensure a smooth gaming experience...to then you encounter yet another error which causes a loss in your stat, it begins to get very frustrating.

My point is simply that I think completion statistics cause more harm than good and generate negative attitudes towards those players who are just trying to play the game.

• JazzX
    19 Posts
    Fri, Sep 20 2013 6:54 PM

Interesting.

I often set up 18-hole alternate shot games.

And I learned the hard way ...

NEVER do 18 hole alternate shot with anyone less than "good" completion. EVER.

(well .. it worked once, I got the "average" completion player to promise me he would stick with the full game. And it was fun the whole way around - true to his word.)

Sometimes it can be down to a consistently poor connection or technical issues. Most times, it's down to complete wankers who quit every game they're in danger of losing (even alternate shot ... which ruins the whole game); or can't understand that you're allowed to use the full time limit if you need to with comments like "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and "draining the clock doesn't make you a better player".

I want to be able to blacklist these kind of players from joining my games automatically.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2013 1:13 PM

WGTicon:
    afaik, completed game are completed game and if game is not completed then it's not completed.
    Which types of games are included here and which are not - apart of A/S which allegedly is not?

• sargexuk
    9 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 5:16 PM

I my short experience every yellow badge is a quitter! 100% of the time, the exception being they are on the winning side....I guess it is a tactical approch.

Now I simply block them! and only play green badges!!!

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 5:34 AM

sargexuk:

I my short experience every yellow badge is a quitter! 100% of the time, the exception being they are on the winning side....I guess it is a tactical approch.

Now I simply block them! and only play green badges!!!

Sorry to hear your experiences have been so bad with those yellow flaggers.  When I was a  lower lvl / tier, I introduced quite a few of my friends from gambling sites I frequented.  We'd all get together late nights / early mornings and play matches.  Being rookies and not knowing the ins and outs of returning after glitches, quite a few of our rounds never finished.  Also a few of them had bad connections and meters and because of frustrations trying to learn and improve would just leave after saying they had it,  because the game wasn't playable for them.  I carried a yellow flag around right up to the time it was replaced with A Nation flag.  My point is that many yellows including myself never had intentions of anything but completion, but weren't able to.

I think if yopu tried a few more times not only would things change but you might find many new friends that will help with your progress in this game.

RSS