Forums

Help › Forums

Mouse lag on the latest version of flash

Wed, Oct 26 2016 4:29 PM (25 replies)
  • Colinx11
    13 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2013 4:26 PM

Since the latest version of flash, my mouse starts to lag every 2-3 seconds, for approximately 1 second.

In addition, the right-click does not register and the meter plays through to the end, or slices so badly it's ridiculous.I have changed nothing on my machine - a 6-core bulldozer - and played valiantly on for 3 days, watching my scores get worse daily.

I have since updated all of the drivers on my machine, run malware scans, anti-virus and cleaners, to no effect. I have removed hardware acceleration, switched off the USB hub power-off optionj, again to no effect.

My final round was 10 minutes ago on Kiawah, and I had to quit (again) because it had become unplayable. This problem seems to get worse as play continues - it starts out fine, and degrades throughout the evening.

Unfortunately, I am now going to stop playing at WGT until this problem is resolved.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2013 7:33 PM

Colinx11:
    Unfortunately, I am now going to stop playing at WGT until this problem is resolved.

You wont know if it is resolved unless you play :)

perhaps since the flash upgrade, you have some previous flash litter lying around.

try CCleaner as a utility to clear up useless system files.

Which browser are you using? Have you tried another?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2013 9:42 PM

Sounds like you are using Chrome. If so you need to remove pepper flash and once you find a version of Flash that works well then you need to stop it doing updates. It's no good blaming WGT because in this case it isn't their fault.

• Colinx11
    13 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2013 4:35 AM

I've used CC cleaner, malwarebytes, hitmanpro, zonealarm and hijack this. My machine is clean.

I'm using IE8, but the problem exists in Chrome, Safari, Opera and firefox.

In terms of "you wont know unless you play" - that's the point - I can't play.

• Colinx11
    13 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2013 4:39 AM

I'm using IE8, and is in my reply to the previous post I've tried all the rest.

This problem has been reported on other fora, where the latest version of flash has introduced new behaviour to old commands giving exactly the same symptoms as I am experiencing.

I do not agree with rolling back to a prior version of flash - WGT should work with the latest versions, and whilst I know it's a beta version, WGT take money for this and it should at least be useable.

And finally, yes I can blame WGT for this, because as far as my research has taken me it would very definitely seem to be their fault.

• StrayedFairway
    379 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2013 11:28 AM

Try Comodo Dragon, that works for me, as I have experienced mouse lag on Firefox, Chrome and a few others.

I believe what works for you is very system specific, so just try every browser you can.

• Scalley
    322 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2013 1:41 PM

I had the same issues after upgrading to windows 7. Stuttering meter and mouse lag - made it unplayable for the last few days.

Solution for me was to install comodo dragon. It automatically installed the latest flash version. Everything back to normal again now.

Give it a shot.

• Colinx11
    13 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2013 2:24 PM

To both guys who suggested comodo dragon -

I downloaded and installed dragon, and played a 9-hole 4-player game which I had to quit at hole 4 because of. . . . mouse lag. It is, quite simply, impossible to play.

I already have the latest version of flash and its that that I believe is causing the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2013 2:35 PM

wireless mouse ??? try changing batteries ...

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2013 2:45 PM

try completely un-installing flash using flash installer  http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_Flash_Player_uninstaller and go through every step , then install the new version if you wish not to roll back , but i personally  am having no lag or any form of problems using firefox 19.0 and flash version 11.6.602.171 ... hope this helps.

RSS