skip nav

Forums

WGT CHEATER METER

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 19 2013 10:12 PM by twoscents. 57 replies.
  • MBaggese United States
    11,669 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2013 4:13 PM

drmoose:
    The key part was "those who consistantly score well" . In other words, your top players who regularly score low fifties are able to fly under the VEM programs' radar,

Doc,

The thing is, no one consistently shoots on the 50's, the top players do so more often, but take a look at RG leader boards..notice many top players WD...no ego thing, it's my feeling they have enough bank saved, they don't need the frustration of playing on to post a 68 or a 35...they WD and move on to the next tourney.

Heck, notonthis mentioned he WD's at KI if if he doesn't Birdie the first in a F9 RG.

• padles United States
    67 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2013 7:12 PM

Sorry, I probably screwed up on my addressee of my last post.  However, the validity of what I said is still true.   I'm going to make a few more statement in summary and this will be all I'm going to say about the issue.  As I read the postings, I see a lot of misinterpretations regarding the complainers on the subject.   Most seem to think just because one points out some perceived flaws of the game means they are troubled about playing the game.  That's not necessarily true.  At least it isn't for me;  Despite my perception of the flaw or the the game (built-in variance), that doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing the game, win or lose, good or bad games.  As most on either side of the issue has often stated, it's only a game.  Hopefully, what I'm now about to say will help resolve the issue.  In reality the issue is a moot thing.    Whether the game is flawed or not does not really matter.  Everyone is playing on the same courses under the same circumstances, so does it really matter?  Arguments on both sides have some merit and is not worth arguing about. To repeat, yes, it is only a game.  Saying this does not change the validity of what I said, although  maybe I should have toned down some of the language.  Even the hardliners probably know the variance is an artificial means to simulate realism; this much is obviously a fact..  Nobody, not even WGT, is perfect.  The whole controversry seems  to be over whether or not the variance does make the game  more realistic.  I opine that it does not, but I respect the right for anyone to disagree.  Finally, though does this really matter?  As stated above we all are playing under the same circumstance, and no matter what the situation is, the better skilled players are going to come out on top.

• opyeuclid United States
    3,296 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2013 7:23 PM

padles:
    (built-in variance), that doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing the game, win or lose, good or bad games.

iaaR ( R ) ft

• rjteeithi United States
    375 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2013 7:42 PM

lonniescott711:

A few weeks ago , after we as players , started complaining about the cheat programs and what not. It seems that the solution for WGT , was to turn up the cheat meter again. Yes boys and girls , they tweeked the VEM, and the score limitation as well . It took me a moment to figure out what was going with the game. But it started back about a week before the free rental weekend . I had gotten a wild hair up my back , and tried to play and duplicate my best score, which is a 28 on kiawah back 9 . No matter how much I have played it, the closest that I have been able to get is a 30 .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 So now , the score limitation has been added to not only stroke play ranked rounds , but also to the practice rounds as well . I guess that due to low ball sales , lack of play by other players, and the over all cheater problem , that this is the so called solution . So when your shots drop short more , your putts arent making it , and your scores just keep staying 1-2 strokes out of reach. Now you know why. WGT JUST TURNED UP THE CHEATER METER. Happy Swinging

this is obvious as Ive been hitting nothing but 20 foot plus putts after crap ap shots....Im bored now and have put the game on the shelf after getting my 1000 points a day with the rock.....well done wgt

• rflarry United States
    5 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2013 8:11 PM

I have noticed the same issues since i made Master level....I was at 66 and have been going up with my avg ever since then. Can not get below 71 no matter what i do. Shoot 4 under par and score goes down 1/2 stroke. Shoot 1 over and it goes up 1 stroke. Any comments or suggestion. Thank you

• TracyMax United States
    1,528 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:22 PM

rflarry:

I have noticed the same issues since i made Master level....I was at 66 and have been going up with my avg ever since then. Can not get below 71 no matter what i do. Shoot 4 under par and score goes down 1/2 stroke. Shoot 1 over and it goes up 1 stroke. Any comments or suggestion. Thank you

takes a lot of rounds for it too settle down--hang in there.

• Jimbog1964 Guernsey
    2,781 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:10 AM

hyena64:
    If you want a game that once you learn what to do, when & where to do it, & you get the exact results you want, there are plenty of them out there. They are boring after a time & this would be too if not for VEM.

At suddenly 49 years old (how the  heck did that happen LOL) I well remember the last computer game that bothered me, "Sega Mega Drive PGA TOUR".  Back in the day it was HOT, but in the end once learned your scores were perfect plus EVERY time almost.  Great for it's day but because of that, once learnt flaw, a very limited shelf life.  Actually that's all a great lesson for any company who wants to sit on it's laurel's, including WGT on some aspects, but that's digressing!

Point is IRL infinitely variable factor's effect a game, and so they should on here.  Good and cutting edge as WGT is currently innovation will lead to better generation's, but this is not bad - IMHO! That's not to say that if 4 foot putts are overtly messed with that's OK in a RG but I have not experienced and the above in no way enter's that arena for those reporting those issue's, just my 2cents on what I personally have seen........ 

• chuckysback United States
    62 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:27 AM

100 percent agree they have f@@@ed up the game  u have to play over and over Im about ready to hang this up there r plenty of other games coming they took the fun out of it and yes use up them balls spend spend spend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jimbog1964 Guernsey
    2,781 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2013 10:52 AM

chuckysback:
    100 percent agree they have f@@@ed up the game 

Playing from the tips for 3 days now.............

RSS