skip nav

Forums

WGT CHEATER METER

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 19 2013 10:12 PM by twoscents. 57 replies.
  • lonniescott711 United States
    1,495 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 5:04 PM

A few weeks ago , after we as players , started complaining about the cheat programs and what not. It seems that the solution for WGT , was to turn up the cheat meter again. Yes boys and girls , they tweeked the VEM, and the score limitation as well . It took me a moment to figure out what was going with the game. But it started back about a week before the free rental weekend . I had gotten a wild hair up my back , and tried to play and duplicate my best score, which is a 28 on kiawah back 9 . No matter how much I have played it, the closest that I have been able to get is a 30 .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 So now , the score limitation has been added to not only stroke play ranked rounds , but also to the practice rounds as well . I guess that due to low ball sales , lack of play by other players, and the over all cheater problem , that this is the so called solution . So when your shots drop short more , your putts arent making it , and your scores just keep staying 1-2 strokes out of reach. Now you know why. WGT JUST TURNED UP THE CHEATER METER. Happy Swinging

• ZioMio Canada
    2,715 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 5:14 PM

Or maybe it is just a mental attitude one has when they play. Sure I've had rounds that start well and end bad... that's golf. Free your mind of the negative thoughts and try to enjoy the game. Play some AS with friends and have some laughs and those good rounds will return.

• renniw52 United States
    4,386 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 5:27 PM

Yancy, will you and Mel please look into this, and yes Lizzie I see butterflies.

• lonniescott711 United States
    1,495 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 7:25 PM

renniw52:

Yancy, will you and Mel please look into this, and yes Lizzie I see butterflies.

No renn, I`m not going crazy ,and nobody is hiding under my bed . I play everyday , off and on all day . No matter when I play, I pay attention to detail , its what I do . I have been here for awhile and have 606 cdp as of today . So yeah I do notice when the game mode changes. Happy Swinging

• knobs1 New Zealand
    18 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 7:45 PM

yes yes yes i felt like somthing was going on. did not like to say anything.just keep geting this felling.it like chasing your tail.

• MBaggese United States
    11,818 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:47 PM

lonniescott711:
    WGT JUST TURNED UP THE CHEATER METER

Too funny.

• tramilleo United States
    1,120 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 10:00 PM

lol they are moderating my posts again dang wgt you hate the truth huh lmao

• PhilA2 Philippines
    312 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 10:00 PM

I agree, dinged shots don't go as far as before, putts with strange breaks. Game not as much fun as before so I don't play as much as before.

• mel1950 United Kingdom
    2,086 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2013 12:47 PM

I don't get it!!!! I have 674 consec days played so far. I have my good days and I have my bad days. I would submit that this is the same for every-one.. WHY, when you have a couple of consecutive bad days do you come in the forums and blame WGT and the game!!!!

$HIT HAPPENS!!! ha ha ... This is a game people which I think is the best social game on the web and it is supposed to be played like a game.. You can't win at every thing all the time..

Start looking at what You may be doing wrong or what may be distracting you whilst you take your shot or even the mood you are in when you sit down to play.

People are not machines making the same perfect repititions perfectly every time.. Every one has flaws from day to day..

Chill out and have a game for the joy of having a game...

Now I am going to play....

Peace

Mel

• TeacHa Germany
    186 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2013 1:51 PM

I didn't think much of it and didn't know much of it, but recently its hard to ignore.

Played skins challenge and shot a perfect(aimed well and dinged it) 86yrds 3/4 bs shot with 6mph side wind for 83 to cup(4ftelevation) on kiawah #2 and it landed on 79. Yes, 79. I shot 1000000 similiar shots and know 100% that this shot should've landed within 2 ft atleast.

The other day in match play challenge I had 12 ft on flat green with almost 0 break, used 10 feet power and it stopped at 10 feet. thats on TOURNAMENT GREENS ofcourse, which should be simply impossible.

and ofcourse the regular meter stucking where you anticipate thats its about to go near the ding, you press it but it just stopped way left and wouldn't move further and your click becomes fatal, plus the occasional 3 ft putts that rim out for some reason once in a while, some dude told me that WGT pre determenates the winner and thus the meter and awkward distances occur, I can't dispute that after recent events.

Oh and if there's still any doubt that WGT doesn't do whatever the hell they want to do, they put me into Legend-Tier after being Tour Master for 10 Days with 20 Stroke Rounds and above 61.00, which violates everyone I've ever met, seen or read about, but thanks to the ridiculous "wide" FAQ's they can apparently put you into next tier after 1 round if they wish so "To move to the next tier, a combination of minimal required stroke rounds and a certain scoring average is neccessary" ~ WGT FAQ, ye?

I've posted on forum, no reply from them.

Wrote a support ticket, never heard from them.

I've slowly adjusted to the legend tier finally with my new clubs that I have now.. . but I still would've enjoyed being Tour Master a little longer than absurd 10 days, which robbed me the opportunity to play some decent tournaments, stroke and match play even lvl 90 tour masters are afraid if they see "legend"  even though they have such a huge advantage...

RSS