Forums

Help › Forums

The Tiger Drop

Mon, Apr 15 2013 1:50 PM (29 replies)
  • cchristi42
    57 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:23 PM

dacrash:

Anything here you want to restate?  Tiger admitted to cheating and they still don't dq him.  Wrong.  In the history of golf, signing an incorrect scorecard is a dq.  only at the masters is it ok to cheat, admit it and get away with it.

boycott the masters.

Not at all, he admitted to not following the rules, but thought he was following the rules.  So my point stands, the simple fact is the penalty for what he did was 2 shots.  

You don't like the new rules that's fine, but he is playing under the new rules, and thus still playing, but your issue should be with the rule change, not with tiger.

To those saying he did it knowing that he was breaking the rules, pretty simple here if he was doing that he wouldn't have brought it up at all when he did. Funny people claim he had to be smart enough to know all the rules, or never not be affected by the previous shot making him slip on the rules, but that he wouldn't be smart enough to not admit to cheating.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 1:32 PM

cchristi42:

dacrash:

Anything here you want to restate?  Tiger admitted to cheating and they still don't dq him.  Wrong.  In the history of golf, signing an incorrect scorecard is a dq.  only at the masters is it ok to cheat, admit it and get away with it.

boycott the masters.

Not at all, he admitted to not following the rules, but thought he was following the rules.  So my point stands, the simple fact is the penalty for what he did was 2 shots.  

You don't like the new rules that's fine, but he is playing under the new rules, and thus still playing, but your issue should be with the rule change, not with tiger.

To those saying he did it knowing that he was breaking the rules, pretty simple here if he was doing that he wouldn't have brought it up at all when he did. Funny people claim he had to be smart enough to know all the rules, or never not be affected by the previous shot making him slip on the rules, but that he wouldn't be smart enough to not admit to cheating.

+1 F'n A Baby. Agree totally

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:21 PM

any rule that allows for changing their minds a day after something happened is just plain dumb.  protects the player?  maybe, but puts the game at huge risk. This is where the players must do what's in their gut.  His gut was to play, stay, say, 'i'm within the rules'.

so be it - like wedging on the green on wgt.......it's stupid and i don't like it but will never win that argument.  borderline rule use & abuse at the Masters this year I think.  

Oh, and Dazza.....how dare you call Freddy Couples slow lol. 

never been a hater or lover of Tiger.....I liked him more when he was coming up that's for sure but as he matures I'm not finding him so easy to root for

• dacrash
    465 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:32 PM

cchristi42:
    To those saying he did it knowing that he was breaking the rules, pretty simple here if he was doing that he wouldn't have brought it up at all when he did. Funny people claim he had to be smart enough to know all the rules, or never not be affected by the previous shot making him slip on the rules, but that he wouldn't be smart enough to not admit to cheating

Wrong, people who break the rules are not the brightest people in the first place.  Tiger has shown his true colors over the last 10 years.  So, yes I believe he intentionally broke the rules and wasn't smart enough to cover his cheating.  The jails are full of people who make the same mistakes.  Usually it is the person breaking the rules that gives themselves away.

As soon as he found out he got caught cheating, he should have had enough respect for the game to dq himself, new rule or not.

He is the worst thing for the game right now.  Swearing in front of children on national TV.  Not a good person.

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:47 PM

Haters.......Games change rules change times change ...get over it. So basically his whole career is tainted for an honest mistake and or confusion ? Whatever people.

• tiger319
    1,186 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:59 PM

This is by far the most useless thread ever!! D@#m have you people have nothing else to talk about???

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:11 PM

tiger319:

This is by far the most useless thread ever!! D@#m have you people have nothing else to talk about???

haha, it's the Masters.....it's a wgt forum.  It's the right place and right subject lol

i hope he wins now, will be fun to watch the fallout

• SubGolf
    28 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:25 PM

Get over yourself, it's not about Tiger hating and not even about rule changes. It's about golf etiquette and role models. Tiger knew the rules he was not ignorant of them or confused about them.  He is so focused on beating Niclaus's major tournament record at any cost with total disregard  for the integrity of the game. You can make all the excuses for him you want,but in the end a cheat is stil a cheat.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:26 PM

This puts a new wrinkle on things. It appears from the photographic evidence he did the right thing and didn't deserve any penalty at all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/golf--photos-show-tiger-woods-may-not-have-deserved-a-two-stroke-penalty-204353354.html

• cchristi42
    57 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 4:06 PM

duffer19:

any rule that allows for changing their minds a day after something happened is just plain dumb.  protects the player?  maybe, but puts the game at huge risk. This is where the players must do what's in their gut.  His gut was to play, stay, say, 'i'm within the rules'.

On that same note, you could argue that they changed their minds to assess the penalty in the first place, and tiger wouldn't have even been assessed the two strokes.  

Simply put, and this will be my last post regarding, because some of you just hate change,  if you don't like it, blame the masters, blame the PGA/USGA/etc...  It's just the players job to play within the rules and that's all, which he did.

RSS