skip nav

Forums

FLASH BENCHMARK TEST - How well does your computer run Flash?

Tue, Apr 23 2019 12:24 AM by DRAGONFIRESr. 95 replies.
  • Dubfore Ireland
    4,134 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 8:46 PM

I Googled to see if their's a 32 bit version of Waterfox and found one supplied by Softonic, but I'm thinking that might be spam, their's no 32 bit version on Waterfox's site. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,061 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 10:52 PM

I wouldn't run it . Mine sort of worked . too many good 32 bits to choose from anyway .

ZioMio:
    Will a 64bit browser operate on a 32 bit computer?

just uninstall all the extras after installing the softonic

Digg
    Delicious
  • Infinito3010 Canada
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Nov 11 2014 9:49 AM

pdb1:
    ZioMio:

A 32bit browser will run on a 64 bit computer, but not the reverse

Digg
    Delicious
  • ZioMio Canada
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Nov 11 2014 10:04 AM

Infinito3010:

pdb1:
    ZioMio:

A 32bit browser will run on a 64 bit computer, but not the reverse

pdb1:

I wouldn't run it . Mine sort of worked . too many good 32 bits to choose from anyway .

ZioMio:

just uninstall all the extras after installing the softonic

ZioMio:

Dubfore:

Does this help?

http://www.techgeniuses.com/tipsPC/Flash64bit.htm

Please use the quote post correctly ... It is Dubfoe's question.

Digg
    Delicious
  • viciii3 United States
    758 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 1:04 PM

I scored "Awesome" with IE 10 and W7 64 bit...but the game animations are still jerky...not to even mention how bad the swing meter is now.

I miss my XP! ;-)

Digg
    Delicious
  • borntobesting United States
    8,021 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 11:13 AM

I don't think this program is really that good at determining how well your PC runs flash games. This is why i feel this way. I tested my Iphone 4s with Puffin browser active on it.

My scores? All of them were awesome and infinity. But with Puffin I can't even play because of the meter stutters. 

viciii3:

I scored "Awesome" with IE 10 and W7 64 bit...but the game animations are still jerky...not to even mention how bad the swing meter is now.

I miss my XP! ;-)

Try a good 64 bit browser, like Pale Moon 64 or a better 32 bit browser like Comodo Dragon. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • andyson United States
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 5:56 PM

borntobesting:

I don't think this program is really that good at determining how well your PC runs flash games. This is why i feel this way. I tested my Iphone 4s with Puffin browser active on it.

My scores? All of them were awesome and infinity. But with Puffin I can't even play because of the meter stutters. 

Joe, I'm not sure if the program was written to test on an Iphone o/s or Puffin browser.  It was written in 2008.  And infinity, I see it reported on other tests too, looks like a default value when the results can't be interpreted.

Digg
    Delicious
  • dedBuNNy Canada
    1,635 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 7:37 PM

Flash benchmark tests are all totally useless where this game is concerned.

Shows absolutely nothing where your own performance with respect to this game, none. 

If you want to analyze your Flash performance at all, download and run Scout on a second monitor while playing the game. Give you a somewhat clearer idea of some aspects of what's going on when you play. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • andyson United States
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 6:47 AM

dedBuNNy:

Flash benchmark tests are all totally useless where this game is concerned.

Shows absolutely nothing where your own performance with respect to this game, none. 

Totally useless?  Shows absolutely nothing?

Nothing here folks but hyperbolic opinion without any supporting facts.

Here's some facts as to why this test is useful where the game is concerned.

WGT animates its meter using its game client Flash programming.

The benchmark test measures how well your computer displays animations produced from Flash programs. 

The test gives your computer's average Frames Per Second (FPS) under progressively more intense, complex animations, from Lite animation to Heavy animations.    The more FPS your computer can generate, the better the animations look on your screen. 

I've shown in this thread  that WGT animates its meter at a minimum of 60 FPS.  (I say minimum because my monitor(as most are) is limited to 60 FPS by the monitor's refresh rate.)

I categorize WGT's skinny little meter animation as a Lite load on our system's graphics capabilities.

So if your benchmark Lite animation test result is 60 FPS or close to it, your meter should be decent.  That's useful info on our system.  (Note the Lite benchmark test uses a LOW setting for Flash quality.  Check your WGT game settings.)

The benchmark test is also useful to fine tune our systems. We can see which browser or which flash version runs best on our system.  We can even test, for example, the affect of having another WGT browser window open or another application running while running the benchmark test.

Maybe dedBunny could provide his facts to backup his opinion?  Perhaps some screenshots from the Scout program he touts with explanations of what its showing?

Digg
    Delicious
  • WStdenis United States
    98 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 11:23 AM

Digg
    Delicious
RSS