Forums

Help › Forums

The Masters.

Fri, Apr 19 2013 11:30 PM (77 replies)
  • xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 11:34 PM

Watch the interview with Tiger and listen to why he took the ball 1.8 m further back from his previous shot .He put himself in.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 8:12 AM

thebigeasy707:

I blame the walking course marshal & the ruling committee for this BS.

Perhaps you should check the facts before you speak, TBE. Fred Ridley, the competition committee chairman for Augusta National, confirmed that the Masters doesn't use walking course marshals policing every group.

From an afternoon interview yesterday,

"Ridley confirmed that Augusta National would at least consider utilizing walking rules officials with every group for future Masters."

A more complete story regarding the "Tiger drop" and how the ruling unfolded is explained at the PGA Tour website.

http://www.pgatour.com/tourreport/2013/04/13/ridley--tiger-dq-not-on-the-table.html

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 11:50 AM

Jason Day is looking damned good.  Starting with two threes is a statement of intent.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 11:56 AM

srellim234:

thebigeasy707:

I blame the walking course marshal & the ruling committee for this BS.

Perhaps you should check the facts before you speak, TBE.

"And the ruling committee" - There is absolutely no excuse for the committee to not have seen the clear rules violation the first time they looked at the replays and advised Tiger of it before he signed his card. I knew watching it live, with no one mentioning an illegal drop, that Tiger had taken an illegal drop. (If his ball hadn't hit land on the opposite side of the hazard, it would have been a legal drop) The rules committee, and Tiger, should (and I strongly believe do) know the rules at least as well as I do. No matter which angle you take looking at it, this whole situation reeks of favoritism towards Tiger.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 1:25 PM

GlassMan27:
    No matter which angle you take looking at it, this whole situation reeks of favoritism towards Tiger.

That would be your anti-Tiger opinion. The protectors of the game's integrity didn't see it that way.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:10 PM

YankeeJim:
    That would be your anti-Tiger opinion.

I have nothing against Tiger. Best golfer of this generation and one of the best all time. I've never rooted against him. The blame here lies on the rules committee, not Tiger.

YankeeJim:
    The protectors of the game's integrity didn't see it that way.

This is comical. The people who handled this situation went about it the way they did with nothing more than television ratings in mind. CBS, the Masters' sponsors and television advertisers were the reason the events unfolded the way they did. To be blunt... to believe 'integrity' had anything to do with the rulings is, at best, extremely naive. 

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:14 PM

YJ.......tiger colored glasses imho.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:24 PM

Looks like he may have been coerced into confessing something he didn't do.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/golf--photos-show-tiger-woods-may-not-have-deserved-a-two-stroke-penalty-204353354.html

He may not have deserved any penalty at all.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:25 PM

GlassMan27:
    This is comical. The people who handled this situation went about it the way they did with nothing more than television ratings in mind.

Again, your opinion. The Masters doesn't need Tiger for ratings, it's worldwide and there's an entire country Down Under sitting on the edge of their collective seats waiting to see which one of their countrymen gets the green jacket for the first time in the history of the Masters (unless Angel wakes up.)

The Masters isn't about money or tv ratings, it's about tradition and history. Tiger's just a piece of it and played by their rules. 

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:32 PM

interesting photo's indeed.  can it be?  when I first looked i said where's the camera guy go. they look identical but perhaps .01's of seconds apart. Where's the change in shadows?

amazing if this is true but these pictures are BUNK - don't bother

congratulations Adam Scott - amazing and well deserved win.  For me this years Masters rivals those of my remembered younger years.  i was rooting for the Shark then but thought Faldo was cool too.  

srellim234:

Looks like he may have been coerced into confessing something he didn't do.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/golf--photos-show-tiger-woods-may-not-have-deserved-a-two-stroke-penalty-204353354.html

He may not have deserved any penalty at all.

RSS