Forums

Help › Forums

The Masters.

Fri, Apr 19 2013 11:30 PM (77 replies)
  • senec
    252 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 3:12 PM

The rule everyone is thinking is you can go back as far as you want from the point of entry in the hasard.Tiger chose not to play from there but to play from where he had played the initial shot.From there the rule is clearly not the same.You can,t drop behind even a yard,it,s got to be as close as the initial shot was taken.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 3:34 PM

so tiger chose to do this knowing he may be dq`d.......erm

Dont make sense...he made a boo boo!

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 5:58 PM

courteneyfish:

Would the Chinese kid have been disqualified if he'd done it? You bet.

+1

Also , you have to question the integrity of Woods , he knowingly cheated and still didn't consider withdrawing , hmmmm .

The rule states  “A penalty of disqualification may in exceptional individual cases be waived, modified or imposed if the Rules Committee considers such action warranted.”

It's only exceptional because of who it is , he had basically admitted cheating which is the most significant part of this , bottom line is , Woods is box office , if he goes then the ratings take a nosedive , intergrity has been traded for viewing figures .

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 6:38 PM

YankeeJim:

senec:
    But for Tiger to admit in an interview after the match that he purposely dropped the ball a yard or two behind the divot mark of the first shot to improve his situation,he was clearly breaking the rule

What rule?

Watching the telecast this morning..... 

In the Rules of golf as we know it.... Tiger should have been DQ'd for signing a incorrect score card....

Tiger only Knew he made a incorrect Drop... this Morn (before his 3rd round) when he got a text message from somebody and was asked to talk to the officials... 

There is a new rule... that he was allowed to still play and not be DQ'q in regards to dropping the ball incorectly, unknown to the golfer.

What rule not sure....lol,   maybe a Tiger Rule... not sure....  

Tiger is my Favorite Golfer.... I hope he doesn't win now. he shold DQ himself

-Roger

• senec
    252 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 6:47 PM

True,the integrity of the game has been tarnished.

But Tiger did'nt openly cheat.It's called a stupid mistake by him and his caddie.

Does Tiger really need to cheat you think?

This is not wgt!Come on....

A lot of Tiger haters here.

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 7:02 PM

Indeed he doesn't have to cheat , but ignorance of the rules should not be an excuse either , still feel he was treated extremely leniently and also feel if he had any intergrity he'd have withdrawn . If he were to go on and win it would be rather a hollow victory , like the Tony Lema quote " Golf is like solitaire . When you cheat , you only cheat yourself "

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:07 PM

A lot of the blame here should be directed towards the walking marshal and the rules committee. Tiger broke a very simple and well known rule. There is no reason the walking marshal shouldn't have noticed it. There is definitely no excuse for the rules committee to not see the violation after watching replays. I could be wrong, but personally I think the violation was ignored because it was Tiger, and more people tune in to watch when Tiger is in contention. But, somewhere along the line someone made a stink about the clear violation and the rules committee had to find a way to justify keeping Tiger in the field (albeit two shots further out). The new rule, which will forever be referred to as the 'Tiger rule' was the perfect scapegoat. Any other player would have been penalized on the course. Any other player would have been DQ'd for signing an incorrect scorecard. The integrity of the game took a huge black eye today, all in the name of television ratings. Tiger made an honest mistake, one that should have cost him two strokes at the time of the infraction... one that should have DQ'd him for an incorrect card. But, he cannot be blamed for being the most popular player in the game, a player that the rules committee felt as though they could not go on without.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:15 PM

senec:

True,the integrity of the game has been tarnished.

But Tiger did'nt openly cheat.It's called a stupid mistake by him and his caddie.

Does Tiger really need to cheat you think?

This is not wgt!Come on....

A lot of Tiger haters here.

I think that stupid mistake by a golfer must be the new rule with little things like this.

I have to say it's not a bad Rule too.....  There is too many silly rules we don't know about...  in Pro golf..   The Golfers themselves don't know em all, until they are penalized for it.

In the Interview I seen after Tigers 3rd Round... He said, he didn't know he did wrong and found out that morning from a text message he received from somebody he had to talk to the officials about it.

It is a fine line I know,  Tiger is Tiger....  If he knew he did wrong... he would have Dq'd himself and was allowed to play within the Rules, so it seems.....  He is Not a Cheat though...  I personally think he should Dq himself....  only because, nobody knew the new rule or clause in the rule.....lol

-Roger

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 10:50 PM

The rules just need to be made easier to understand. For everybody.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 10:51 PM

I blame the walking course marshal & the ruling committee for this BS.

RSS