Forums

Help › Forums

The Masters.

Fri, Apr 19 2013 11:30 PM (77 replies)
  • GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:09 AM

Did anybody else watch the golf in 3D last night wow what a difference, Really shows how tough those putts are as if we didn't know but you get my gist,Check it out if you can like being there.

GC.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:09 AM

Dustin takes the lead and is looking good. These pins look a bit tougher today.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:54 AM

Anybody that plays uneven lies will appreciate what happened to DJ on 15. Uphill, sidehill wedge gets chunked into the drink.  :-(

Flags are starting to fly perpendicular to the pins.

• rmchangin
    1,327 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:15 PM

Watching Yesterdays Round I started thinking how my love affair with golf really began....I started playing golf when i was 14.  Would play a couple of rounds a month and hit golf balls almost everyday at the local High school. This came to a  halt when i joined the Army in 1980...Little to busy with Drill and School to play golf..any free time was spent chasing women and my next High...This all Changed in the Spring of 1981, I was going to Comsec repair school in Ft Gordon Ga "THE HOME OF US ARMY SIGNAL SCHOOL" Also Ft Gordon is located just outside of Augusta Ga....One of my Friends came across a few tickets for the Saturday Round for the Masters and asked if i would like to go.....Sure why not Drinking Beer and Watching Women walking around a Golf Course sounded cool....Couldn't tell you what any women looked like that day, for some reason when we got there I noticed Calvin Peete Tee'n off on 1 and followed that Pairing most of the day....That day i fell in love with the Game of Golf, I got to see Nicklaus, Player. Moody ,Watson, Miller, Kite, Floyd......My love for this game has never  waned Even Now being unable to play cause of a back injury...STILL LOVE THE GAME OF GOLF....Greg

P.S. Tom Watson won by 2 strokes over Miller and Nicklaus that year to pick up his second Green jacket and his 5th Major..... 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 3:48 PM

How Unlucky was Tiger.....lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 3:50 PM

Tiger just epitomized exactly what makes the really good players really good here. How many times has someone complained about weird stuff like hitting pins and WGT robbing them of the ball because it goes in the water? LOL.

Tiger has a case because a perfect approach shot on the par 5 15th  hits the pin and bounces directly back into the water. The same water he was nowhere near finding. Instead of a birdie putt he lost a ball in the water. Go figure.

Gone are the histrionics, the club throwing, the disgust. His demeanor never changed as he  stepped up and hit the exact same shot to a bogey save. I do believe he's dealt with the attitude and that's what makes the good players here good-they don't dwell on whatever caused the result, they suck it up and move on. :-)

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 4:16 PM

he's cussing now - i like him better when he's not Tiger Robot and shows emotion

and nice to see Jason Duffner make a nice round today.  go Sneeeeedeker

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:40 PM

YankeeJim:

Tiger just epitomized exactly what makes the really good players really good here. How many times has someone complained about weird stuff like hitting pins and WGT robbing them of the ball because it goes in the water? LOL.

Tiger has a case because a perfect approach shot on the par 5 15th  hits the pin and bounces directly back into the water. The same water he was nowhere near finding. Instead of a birdie putt he lost a ball in the water. Go figure.

Gone are the histrionics, the club throwing, the disgust. His demeanor never changed as he  stepped up and hit the exact same shot to a bogey save. I do believe he's dealt with the attitude and that's what makes the good players here good-they don't dwell on whatever caused the result, they suck it up and move on. :-)

Well said Jim....

Tiger had that look again and he was really playing great golf until that hole in the water. I think if he did the same shot last year, he would have thrown his club.  Another Bogey later on from a 3 putt green....  not many times Tiger 3 putts...lol

Well done to Jason Day....Leader after the 2nd round....  Fred Couples... still amazes me.

-Roger

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 6:05 AM

Now Tiger may be DQed from the Masters because of a "generous" drop he gave himself on the ball that smacked the stick and went swimmin'.

Talk about a lose/lose for the Masters committee.  If they let him play, they look like hypocrites.  If they DQ him, there will be a LOT of Americans who will stop watching, and ratings will tank.

• WakeIsland
    213 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 6:23 AM

MichaelStroke:

Now Tiger may be DQed from the Masters because of a "generous" drop he gave himself on the ball that smacked the stick and went swimmin'.

Talk about a lose/lose for the Masters committee.  If they let him play, they look like hypocrites.  If they DQ him, there will be a LOT of Americans who will stop watching, and ratings will tank.

I disagree - I think they will continue to watch there are a lot of great players in contention -3 to -6 under and it is anyone's game.  It's the SuperBowl of golf,

That is the issue with "Rule Interpreations" to me that could have been "as nearly as possible." unless you place it next to your prior divot dropping the ball "as nearly as possible" could mean anything.  The officials are on the clock.

RSS