Forums

Help › Forums

WGT customer service

Thu, Feb 25 2021 9:34 PM (117 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2013 1:05 PM

hmmm.....say there are 10,000 folks play wgt per week (conservative estimate) and 10% email support = 1000 emails. Probably wgt have 2 folks on support shift work at any one time during the week, that's a lot of emails to peg through :)

i've always been answered within 2 or 3 hours max and with satisfaction.

support is very good from my experience.

• pisspals
    5 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 7:24 AM

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 10:33 AM

pisspals:
    Or some help ?

To the right >>>>>>   click on Troubleshooting ,, Go to the very top of the page , you will see " Help Request " in green , Click on that  ,, I hope that helps ,

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 2:27 PM

pisspals:
    how do i contact you

Try this link Customer Support.

• CptWomp
    32 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 5:39 PM

I just played a skins game, in which I was up 6 skins, playing the last hole.. then my opponents timer wnetdown to :00 so I refreshed... and when I came back it said, that I hadve forfeited my credits for not returning in time, but I was literally backto the game in seconds, I lost approx. 1100 credits due to this.... can I get these returned to me somehow please? Please contact me if need be! Thanks CptWomp AKA Ryan

• alvin624
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jul 11 2014 12:12 PM

why do they keep takeing my ball outta play for no reason  that i pay for with my money  and never get it back  thats STEALING ISNT IT   ?????????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Jul 11 2014 12:14 PM

alvin624:

why do they keep takeing my ball outta play for no reason  that i pay for with my money  and never get it back  thats STEALING ISNT IT   ?????????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as in real golf, if you hit a virtual golf ball into the water or out of bounds, you must replace it with a different ball. Also, when you play with a real golf ball it begins to lose compression and eventually becomes less playable. We have a similar concept in WGT where balls purchased from the Pro Shop have a durability factor and will wear out as you use them. You get roughly three rounds of golf with each ball before it wears out.

When a ball wears out you will receive the message that the ball has been "Taken Out of Play".

When a balls wears out, it is automatically replaced by another ball of the same type from your inventory. If you have none of the same type, they are replaced instead with a free WGT starter ball. Please check the FAQ to learn more about golf balls.

http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#balls

- WGTdbloshoe

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Jul 11 2014 4:44 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

...Also, when you play with a real golf ball it begins to lose compression and eventually becomes less playable....

- WGTdbloshoe

Sorry, shoe, but you are not feeding the customers with correct information. Perhaps you should  do your homework before you make such statements..

from the Golfsmith web site:

"Results of Wear and Tear

In 2005, Golf Digest reported on the effects on distance of the condition and amount of use of golf balls. Its results confirmed that in the absence of visible damage, repeated use had no effect on a ball’s performance....

...When to Change Balls

Balls are likely to be lost or damaged before they wear out. According to Golf Digest, unless there is visible damage to the cover, the average golf ball should last at least seven full 18-hole rounds without any degradation in performance. A little lost paint or other marks that leave the contours of the cover intact are acceptable..."

Modern ball cores have no relation to the old "rubber band wound around liquid center" ball cores of old. Covers are much better these days, too.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Jul 11 2014 5:01 PM

srellim234:

WGTdbloshoe:

...Also, when you play with a real golf ball it begins to lose compression and eventually becomes less playable....

- WGTdbloshoe

Sorry, shoe, but you are not feeding the customers with correct information. Perhaps you should  do your homework before you make such statements..

from the Golfsmith web site:

"Results of Wear and Tear

In 2005, Golf Digest reported on the effects on distance of the condition and amount of use of golf balls. Its results confirmed that in the absence of visible damage, repeated use had no effect on a ball’s performance....

...When to Change Balls

Balls are likely to be lost or damaged before they wear out. According to Golf Digest, unless there is visible damage to the cover, the average golf ball should last at least seven full 18-hole rounds without any degradation in performance. A little lost paint or other marks that leave the contours of the cover intact are acceptable..."

Modern ball cores have no relation to the old "rubber band wound around liquid center" ball cores of old. Covers are much better these days, too.

I used to work for golfsmith.... Not a company I personally would listen to lol

From playing golf for 25 years I can tell you that compression these days are less of a issue, but with the thinner covers that they are putting on these balls to get more spin.  Damage and playability is effected more so now then 10 years ago.  So that report from 2005 is a bit outdated in my opinion.  You should also note the line following what you quoted, " We have a similar concept".

- WGTdbloshoe

• billytiger
    25 Posts
    Sat, Jul 12 2014 1:11 AM

I've always found the support to be good and pretty fast whenever i have contacted them.

Usually just issues regarding match plays when i have been launched oot and they have returned the credits pronto. So no complaints from me at all.

Cheers WGT

RSS