Forums

Help › Forums

hard to buy clubs without money

Fri, Nov 1 2019 7:51 PM (33 replies)
  • Mankeb
    32 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 1:40 AM

U can afford a computer and an internet connection, but u can't afford $20 to upgrade some clubs ????

I find it hard to believe u are that badly off.

• HacMcDuffer
    1,094 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 11:39 AM

Mankeb:

U can afford a computer and an internet connection, but u can't afford $20 to upgrade some clubs ????

I find it hard to believe u are that badly off.

Once again I am forced to whip thisout.......

Mankeb.........this is for you.     With best intentions only......Hac.

• TeacHa
    186 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 11:52 AM

Now that you got some nice new clubs you can do some surveys and then earn credits in matchplay challenge/ blitz challenge.

I've earned my soon-to-be new iron set when I hit lvl 79 finally today or tomorrow that way, was at 300 credits, now up to 2,7k through matchplays for the 2,6k rocketbladez on 79 :)

My lvl 32 r11's giving me a hard time vs legends and well equiped TM's

good luck ;)

• Mankeb
    32 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 3:03 PM

Sorry my bad, maybe I oughta adopt a more positive attitude and stop working for what I want and just whine about not getting something for nothing.

• HacMcDuffer
    1,094 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 6:31 AM

Mankeb..... I don't appologie for the way I look at it either.

I guess we have different points of view about being generous...in my mind..... or whinning/begging .... in your opinion.

I see it as me being generous in hopes people will do the same in the future.

Cheers..... Hac

• Mankeb
    32 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 5:52 PM

Well, the fact is, that u can buy a decent set of clubs from the WGT pro shop for about half the price of a top level computer Golf game from a game store.

I get tired of this, "it's on the internet, so I'm not payin,'' attitude, which a lot of people seem to have.

The OP seems to be saying, "I'm playing a FREE golf game, but I can't win without the upgraded clubs, so now I'm irritated, and I want the good clubs but I don't wanna pay for them".

If the guy can't scrape up 40 bucks to play an online golf game to his satisfaction, I would think that he's got more problems than he realizes..

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 6:23 PM

Many here are on fixed incomes or have other issues (medical, for instance) that limit their ability to pay for this game. That older computer and internet connection is all they can afford.

It is ridiculous, however, that they come here to beg for someone to supply them. They should be satisfied with just being able to play for recreation and there is absolutely no reason for them to expect to be competitive for free. There is also no reason for them to be playing for credits.

I gift half of what I get through the survey and video route to those in countries that don't have access to them and appear to be good people here in the forum area. I will not, however, ever give anything to anyone who asks for it.

I've been here almost 6 years, though, and never have I seen the gall and greed of beggars like we have recently.

I am about to discontinue the practice of gifting for a different reason. Never have I seen the blatant disregard for the customer here at WGT as bad as it is now when it comes to the surveys. Completed surveys defaulting to the 5 credit payout has become the norm. WGT has made it clear that they want nothing at all to do with forcing the advertisers to live up to their promises to WGT members. 

Sure, screen shots and repeatedly hounding Peanut Labs, Supersonic and Sponsorpay can lead to some success for promised credits but quite frankly it should not be necessary. The only reason we are seeing multiple surveys doing this daily is that WGT feels no sense of responsibility and no sense of integrity when it comes to how other companies that WGT brings here treat their members.

• fecks11
    235 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 7:57 PM

Well done to all the donators, and get a life to all the haters, in some countries like mine we only get a chance to earn 7 credits a day and that would not keep you in the cheapest of balls. So good luck Doc and I hope I don't meet you with your new weaponry!!!!

• mishort
    2 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2019 11:24 AM

I am a tour pro at 52 level.  I have not purchased any club.  What are the computer mechanics of purchasing clubs with credits only???

Mike

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2019 2:12 PM

No mechanics, just digital programming.

AFAIK, there is only club purchase for credits...

RSS