Forums

Help › Forums

got my pass for my local golf course - st andrews next weeks open

Wed, Aug 11 2010 11:55 AM (24 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,805 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 5:23 AM

Will give every one a wave on camera - spare bed available for floridacutie or any bloody cutie

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 1:27 PM

Craig... there will be about 500 gallery members waving.  How will we know it's you?  How about if you both wave and hold up a giant WGT banner on the Road Hole?  We'll notice and maybe WGT will front you some balls for the free advertising.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 1:40 PM

LOL. DMM... if he were to get WGT's name on the television, especially on Sunday, I'm sure he'd never have to buy balls here again... 

That would be cool.  =)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 1:55 PM

You don't suppose WGT might get a little advertising, given their partnership, no?

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 11:28 AM

I can imagine some funny commercials WGT could do using the games software plus a little extra programming.  Imagine the real course like we see it in the game, with 2 avatars teeing off, joking around, perhaps a WGT member inside joke (You see what TLD shot on the USGA qualifier?), then walking down the fairway to hit their next shots, one guy talking about his new wedge he got, and showing the real shots as we would see them in the game.

Or a side by side of shots from the 05 Open, with the same shots as we would hit them on the game.

My point is there is a lot they could do with advertising.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 11:46 AM

Neil... being a writer-producer-director of national and regional television commercials I can tell you that would be a very expensive proposition.  Though, as a bit of an insider, I stand ready to help them make their series of commercials.  But I'll be charging a little more than a sleeve of GI-SD balls...

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 12:05 PM

YankeeJim:
    You don't suppose WGT might get a little advertising, given their partnership

Imagine the ESPN, or ABC announcer saying:

"The British Open is also brought to you by, WGT.com, the place where real golfers find their game". Or something like that  : )

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 12:12 PM

dmm.  Anything is going to be expensive.  But there are endless opportunities.  Hell have me and you playing the 18th at St Andrews, I drain a 45ft putt breaking 6ft left to right, you look at me in disbelief, and I stroll up casually to the hole, reaching in to get the ball out, look at you and say "Had that putt on WGT last week", then it just does to some clips of shots at various multiple courses, followed by WGT slogan. 

That would be cheap to make.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 12:17 PM

Neil... I certainly like the part where you and I get flown over to Scotland to play and stay at St. Andrews, all expenses paid!

• craigswan
    30,805 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 12:41 PM

You boys are over analysing this .

Just have floridacutie there in a bikini with WGT all over her .I have the spare bedroom for her stay .

RSS