Help › Forums

nike balls rzns

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 1 2019 3:34 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WakeIsland
    213 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 12:09 PM

I tried these balls and was not impressed.  There was no significant difference between my 350cr Calloway ball and the 550cr RZN.  In fact a competitor that was using WGT balls was just feet behind mine using the same club and same tee boxes.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 1:57 PM

WakeIsland:
    In fact a competitor that was using WGT balls was just feet behind mine using the same club and same tee boxes.

you need to learn what spin best to put on your drive in what conditions. That competitor has probably got that down to a sience already. Imagine what he'd to with better balls. i know what distances I can get out of my Nikes and other brands can't reach them.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 1:59 PM

I tried the Nike 20XI-X RZN (Lvl 81)  to compare them to the Nike 20XI-X (Lvl 71) .

The Lvl 81 ball was better (1/2 dot slower meter), but for me - not 100 credits better.

By the way, all the Nike balls WGT offers have the RZN core.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 2:13 PM

ApexPC:

I tried the Nike 20XI-X RZN (Lvl 81)  to compare them to the Nike 20XI-X (Lvl 71) .

The Lvl 81 ball was better (1/2 dot slower meter), but for me - not 100 credits better.

By the way, all the Nike balls WGT offers have the RZN core.

They are the same ball, of course. But the slower meter is worth 100 cr to some and not to others. It helps me enough for it to be worth it, but I realize some don't need it.

• Allen63
    364 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:22 AM

There is no magic wand club or golden bullet ball, but if you want to compete, you'd be doing yourself a service to use the better gear...balls included. Going to the new ball might be only .4 strokes/rd, but for many, that's good enough. All those little fractions of strokes add up and do help.

Do you need the best gear to multiplay and have fun in this game? no, but at least you have the option. My complaints with this game are numerous, but based on it's "body of work" and the fun I've extracted from it over the past few years it has been worth it...for the most part, and I like having options in the pro shop. I only wish prices would be more realistic for a game.

The thing that grates on me most is the apparent lack of respect WGT displays for many of it's patrons (Elite collection anyone? or how about the terrible marketing, or terrible community involvement/support to name a few), the constant "tweaking" of physics and VEM, and a few specific things that are ridiculously unrealistic (i.e. sand play, the apparent vacuum over the edges of the fairway that stop pushing your ball, early break in putts breaking more than late break etc,).

But, at the risk of redundancy, if you want to compete at higher levels (or be competitive rather), you need the top gear.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 11:35 AM

PUHOLINO:
    They are the same ball, of course. But the slower meter is worth 100 cr to some and not to others. It helps me enough for it to be worth it, but I realize some don't need it.

Maybe it's not really the same ball. This is the 2013 version and many companies make slight changes to their balls each year. Like dimple changes ,compression changes,cover changes and the like. And some make big changes like the new Pro-v1 and Pro-v1x.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:17 AM

Since using the R11 driver and those balls and the L79 Bladez my average has started sneaking down.  Personally I like that ball.  I am doing things in my own little way just enjoying the game as much as possible.  My findings are not the ones you have! The equipment WGT puts on sale I find as described....................The game is not perfect but it is very good!  I don't have the knowledge of some on here about all the greens etc. and maybe I will bother getting all the notes together and maybe I won't.  Equipment I think does help though......................... and personally I feel more comfortable with this ball than the others if trying to play my best!

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:19 AM

Jimbog1964:

Since using the R11 driver and those balls and the L79 Bladez my average has started sneaking down.  Personally I like that ball.  I am doing things in my own little way just enjoying the game as much as possible.  My findings are not the ones you have! The equipment WGT puts on sale I find as described....................The game is not perfect but it is very good!  I don't have the knowledge of some on here about all the greens etc. and maybe I will bother getting all the notes together and maybe I won't.  Equipment I think does help though......................... and personally I feel more comfortable with this ball than the others if trying to play my best!

Credit where credit is due. This is a great post and I couldn't agree with you more.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:25 AM

borntobesting:

PUHOLINO:

Maybe it's not really the same ball. This is the 2013 version and many companies make slight changes to their balls each year. Like dimple changes ,compression changes,cover changes and the like. And some make big changes like the new Pro-v1 and Pro-v1x.

Lol, Born, we seem to have a misunderstanding here. I wasn't talking about them being the same IRL, just about having the exact same stats in 'WGT land', therefore having the same performance and basically being the same ball, but with a half a dot slower meter with the RZNs. So L81s are the same ball (with a slower meter) as the L71s (normal) and L75s (normal with vapor).

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Jun 1 2019 3:34 PM

djones8:

you must be related to that clown donald trump because he talks shite get a life yank and go boil your stupid head

You first.  After/If you complete 1st grade.

• PAGES
RSS