Forums

Help › Forums

Latest Feature Requests - Proposal for WGTIcon and WGT

Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 6:44 AM

WGTadmin2:
    That being said we do make mistakes and we can make this game better.  In that spirit we are going to be more communicative in this thread. As stated above, if you can help us think of the 3 most important things we can do, please post them here:

+10!  This is a much needed breath of fresh air. To be honest this game and site has been getting a bit stale for me.  Same old complaints and issues with no reaction from WGT. 

Thank you!

Tough to choose the 3 most important things WGT can do but here goes....

• Keep these lines of two-way communication open.  Keep us informed.
    • Get the community involved in pre-release testing by forming a small test team of members to test a new release in an on-line environment.  I'd volunteer in a second.
    • Smooth out the meter.  There's something inherently wrong in the design that makes the meter uber sensitive to other processes running on our computers and other activities going on in the game.  Imagine how many first time users never come back because the meter is jerky and inconsistent?

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 8:47 AM

thanks andyson

We have a few meter improvements coming but I am not sure it will solve much, the truth is flash is a difficult technical platform to ensure a smooth meter.

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 9:05 AM

OK, HERE GOES,

1. COUNTRY CLUB OWNERS TO HAVE  CARTE` BLANCHE IN DISTRIBUBUTION OF CLUB CREDITS, AND ATTIRE.

2. COMMITEE FORMED, 6  ELECTED FROM MEMBERS.

3.SLEEVE OF BALLS PLEASE FOR MEMBER CONTRIBUTION TO WGT.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 9:05 AM

1. Greens.  Two D game so we rely on dots.  Top of some slopes all logic is saying must kink that way but not a dot going anything for one example.  Pretty sure you would know what I mean, and so maybe a smaller scale???

2. Anything you can do for CCs

3. Away from general obvious housekeeping such as disconnect issues once again thanks for this new style of communication.  Pretty sure the company will find how willing people are to assist and work with them.  I never understood the previous policy, but great stuff so far mate:) 

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 9:52 AM

Jimbog1964 - I am not sure I understand the 1) greens issue?  can you elaborate?

Shov- can you explain the committee?

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 10:07 AM

WGTadmin2:

Jimbog1964 - I am not sure I understand the 1) greens issue?  can you elaborate?

I think he may be asking for the grid lines to be closer together.  At the moment it is possible for the overall slope between two lines to be right to left but there may be an area of green close to the left line where the slope is actually the other way.

I hope this makes sense, I'll try to elaborate a bit.  Say that the height difference between two grid lines is 3 inches, the dots will move from the higher to the lower line.  But maybe the lowest point of the slope is 6 inches from the lower line, maybe from that point the green rises again.  If you happen to be putting along this part of the green you don't get a true indication of which way the slope is.  Making the gaps between the lines half what they are now would reduce the chances of this.  I realise it's going to be impossible to make the grid so small that all errors are removed, maybe there could be twice as many lines to the grid though.

It could also be Jim's asking for something entirely different of course.

• mariposaskyman
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 11:11 AM

Perhaps this is just me, cause I didn't read through the whole discussion.  But my major concern is the swing meter overall.  It just doesn't reflect the golf swing enough for me.  And the ability of a player with tons of skill to shoot 53 on a course the pros have trouble shooting 65 should be adjusted so that the difficulty once mastering the game isn't that easy.  I know all this is difficult, but it would just make the game that much better.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 11:12 AM

WGTadmin2:

MainzMan:
    It could also be Jim's asking for something entirely different of course.

I was not.  You got it 100% correct.  Thanks for that:)

WGTadmin2:
    Shov- can you explain the committee?

Think we are missing here somewhere.  If you are ?ing the use of my term CC I meant Country Clubs.  Hopefully I covered off your concern, but knowing me could easily have missed it:)

Separately looking in to new products (testing) is a tricky one, but if you wanted that done, it should be a broad based thing with several CCs taking turns, and obviously only in practice mode otherwise there would be uproar in a RG with only one having access to one LOL.  

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 3:32 PM

Got it on the putting grid

Thanks Jimbog and MainzMan for explaining

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 11:01 PM

1 - another links course (with 2 sets of pins), its been so long since Royal St Georges

2 - more uneven lies options, like be able to play a ranked strokeplay, matchplay etc, make the lies button visible so we can change it from even to uneven and set it to even as the default so nobody starts an uneven lies game by mistake. it should be pretty simple for the programmers to make this possible and also add a few extra free uneven lies tournaments for us to play if possible.

3 - more clubs like wedges and irons

RSS