Forums

Help › Forums

Latest Feature Requests - Proposal for WGTIcon and WGT

Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • gedi83
    277 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 10:05 AM

I would suggest creating an option in country club credit tournies that if no more than N players sign up (N>=2), the credits would be given back.

Here is why: imagine you have a tourney where the cost is 60 credits per 9 holes (which is something normal, perhaps even a lot). If say only 3 players sign up, the first place would be receiving 60*3*0.8*0.55 = 79 credits, which taking into account that the cost of using good balls for 9 holes is no less 20 credits makes the winner actually LOSE money (needless to say, 2nd and 3rd places lose even more...)

As a result, it's often meaningless to play CC credit tourneys if there are fewer than 6-8 participants unless it's a winner-take-all payout which few people have guts to join.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 10:22 AM

Before I comment on the mail list, I just want to reply to the 'secrets' statement from page 1

Besides the typical secrecy involved, I prefer not to comment on many on-going things we have that I can comment for one simple reason: many things that we have going do not have deadlines, so something that I think maybe ready in a 1 month maybe delayed by 6 month due to something getting ahead of it on the list. Something else maybe dropped all-together for whatever reason.

To give you a concrete example: wgtpizza mentioned in the fall about improvements to how meter interacted with friends list. Everyone welcomed the idea. I, of course, knew about it beforehand but didn't say anything and wouldn't have said anything not because I could not but because it was premature. Everyone got excited (I got excited) but that never developed into anything, thus as time passed, wgtpizza was forced to explain why it didn't happen.  He mentioned it (in my opinion) too early in the development cycle, before it was even at the place where we could do some real testing, so when we got there and realized it didn't do much, it wasn't moved forward with.

There is a still a chance something can be done there but until I know it is worked on/some real improvement made and it's at the stage where it will be put into game, I will not mention it.

It maybe hard to understand, but that's the truth:)

-wgticon

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 10:32 AM

Hi Shrude,

And when the VEM starts up they can play one of my Mom's favorites.

"I Fall To Pieces"

LOL

Love her songs :) 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 12:21 PM

petercooper1958:
    Voice room :- where newer players can be talked through any issues they are having with the game, or indeed just meet other members of the club.

Thanks Peter, I have included the first idea, but #2 WGT have stated previously (and understandably) that the cost to implement this would not be feasible as there are many third party providers that fill this void.

Great Ideas - keep them coming. I will update the list by editing the original list on Page 1.

And I fully understand Icon, that the worst thing a business can do is make promises that cannot be delivered. For this reason I will not press for ANY dates (and hey we all like surprises). The imporrtant aspect is that we as a community know that WGT have listened and the lines of communication are open.

So I will thank you Icon for letting this roll - a win win situation.

One other thing Shrude said and I will re-itterate, please keep on topic and when the list is answered not everyone will be happy or get the answers they wanted.

There are lots of requests and even items agreed to will take time to implement and will need to be prioritized and tested before implementation and that excludes all other bugs and work the programmers are already working on, so please be patient.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 4:37 PM

WGTicon:
    I prefer not to comment on many on-going things we have that I can comment for one simple reason: many things that we have going do not have deadlines,

This is of course a very valid point and I am sure one that no one would not object in any way. Completely understandable to not announce something only to have it delayed and then have the wrath of the community wondering where the H it is.

However, Icon, perhaps if it is already in our list, you could comment that it is on the roadmap, (confirm it is happening) with the disclaimer No Deadline.

At least we as a community, that monitor this thread, can offer that information of 'yes. but no deadline', when the request appears again & again.

If it isnt already on our list, then no need to mention it.  :)

One thing that is very apparent with this list is the communities overwhelming desire to IMPROVE what we already have. Most of these suggestions are tweaks to existing features.

In other words, we aren't screaming for new clubs, balls, or even courses. We are screaming to enhance what you already have.

Kudos to you WGTIcon.

• Steveqbi
    30 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 8:51 PM

Another suggestion -

Allow forfeiting of stroke games any time

Currently you can only hit the forfeit button when its your shot. A lot of players, when frustrated after their last shot, just disconnect. This means the players left have to wait for the 2 minutes and 30 seconds to roll by before play can resume.

• fronny25
    280 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2013 3:05 PM

wow,not much 2 concider lol

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2013 4:35 PM

l've been playing this game for just under a year, l discovered it by chance on Facebook, and i can remember starting and hacking my way round at the beginning. Im now level 91 legend and some days i absolutely hate the goings on with VEM, meters and stuff and will just play for my XP bonus and nothing else then there are days when i love it, and could play it all day & night, which i have done and currently doing now.

The bottom line is, WGT has the ability to be the best and i mean the best on-line golf game going, and with improvments, and listening to the comments from everyone, work together, ok they'll be disagreements along the way, but it can be acheived?

Just my thought on a drunken saturday night!!

• Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2013 5:00 PM

This is just about one of the most positive threads I have read for a long time.

Improved communication between the community and WGT has to be a good thing.

Well done Icon for entertaining the idea and, even more importantly, well done Atlanti for putting it out there!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2013 6:38 PM

All yours Icon, updated and finalized. We await your say now :))

Let me know if you would like me to send you the list.

RSS