Sat, Apr 18 2009 8:41 AM (9 replies)
  • Etiger83
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 12:13 AM

should hang themselves becuase it sucks balls

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 2:51 AM

Thanks for being specific. =(

Now, how about providing something constructive for the people at WGT to look at.... after all that is the point of an open beta forum!

• Etiger83
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 9:15 PM

how about a view behind the ball instead of cockeyed to the player

also there are many shots I can't even see the putter or the ball if the green is elevated

the putting and chipping are clearly the weakpoints of this game but I do enjoy it nonetheless

end of rant

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 9:27 PM

There are alot worse things than putting and chipping on this game right now. Try to reverse your view if you're having a problem seeing the forward view.

• JeffyT
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 9:31 PM

Would have sunk an amazing putt but it bounces out cause the damn flag is still in?!?! Major BS!! Can i get a caddy PLEASE!!

• Hotwir3
    63 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 11:34 PM

I find putting in this game to be very easy.  On the other hand, getting the wind to guide my ball to the hole on my iron shots....

• deadRED
    29 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2009 4:58 AM

Hotwir3, I'm with ya. I think putting is well done on this game. It's just frustrating when you hit a perfect iron shot

and it immediately comes off the club 15 yds offline. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is frustrating.

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2009 7:13 AM

You think putting is bad? Try blowing $7.00 on the Ping irons, with these babies you will never have to putt again cuz you won't even hit the green! Everything will be a chip or pitch! Guaranteed!

1,644 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2009 8:35 AM

What you need to keep in mind is that there is only a certain number of pictures that they can take from different angles.  It's not like a console or PC game that you install with a DVD and the pictures are rendered on your system.  If they had a camera shot for every possible angle of approach, the game would be a monster and you wouldn't be playing it online, with no client download..... for free!!  Having said that... when you find an angle that does not give you ANY information about the shot, right click and submit a bug report.  It's the easiest way to get the developers attention.  I know there are certain places (#5 left of the pin near the edge of the green) where the forward view is useless, but like ncvis said, go to the reverse angle, it usually gives a better read anyways.

Lee

• Weirsy
    84 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2009 8:41 AM

You bring up a good point Av, why not a download to make the game run more smoothly ? As for the putting, I think it's quite good. I'm not sure I really understand why the decision was made to have animation of the grid with those dots. Static directional colour coded arrows would work just fine and probably help cut down on the lag.

RSS