Forums

Help › Forums

NEW WGT 9 Hole Record !

Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:38 PM (42 replies)
  • TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2013 7:30 PM

LeGeNdCrUsHeR:

WGT record for a 9 hole stroke play is 22.  Held by 1 individual which will be kept silent.

WGT record for a 18 hole stroke play is 49.  Held by 4 individuals that I know of.  Maybe 5 if I search a bit more.  Have not heard of a 48 yet, but I am sure it is coming soon...

Holy cow, guess us "mere mortals" don't have much of a chance! How??? Do not give me "practice, blah,blah". Someone be truthful, are there software programs to enhance your game or not? If so, what? Great for the person making the scores, but just like Fantasy golf, baseball,etc there are programs that increase your ability. I'm sure I'll get a lot of the typical WGT "guff" on this, just want a truthful answer for once.

• foregettaboutit
    227 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:05 PM

TracyMax: I do not know who the unnamed player in question is (who shot a 22) but to respond to your question of how such a score would be possible, i would have to say that it is simply of a matter of a great player having all things fall into place for that round.

Is there a software program to enhance one's game out there?? While many have thrown this idea around before, i do not see evidence of this. I have no background in software engineering, so perhaps someone in that field could provide a better answer. 

Many have also talked about there being an auto ding program out there.. As we all know there would still be other factors that effect the shot, like slope, wind, exc.. 

You don't want to hear practice, i understand that bc we all practice and most will never achieve those results, but how else can a player get good enough to shoot such a low score without cheating.

Another thing to consider is what was the par for those 9 holes.. Could be anywhere from 34 (oly f9) - 36. And of course what tee the player was hitting off of. Closer tees obviously bring more eagles into play..

It's probably not a good idea to play the game with intentions of shooting a 22 in mind, but if it can be done, then why not try to do it yourself i guess..lol have fun trying!

Fore

p.s. with the new best of par 3 course, 22 is much more attainable, lol.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sun, Feb 24 2013 1:46 PM

foregettaboutit:

TracyMax: I do not know who the unnamed player in question is (who shot a 22) but to respond to your question of how such a score would be possible, i would have to say that it is simply of a matter of a great player having all things fall into place for that round.

Is there a software program to enhance one's game out there?? While many have thrown this idea around before, i do not see evidence of this. I have no background in software engineering, so perhaps someone in that field could provide a better answer. 

Many have also talked about there being an auto ding program out there.. As we all know there would still be other factors that effect the shot, like slope, wind, exc.. 

You don't want to hear practice, i understand that bc we all practice and most will never achieve those results, but how else can a player get good enough to shoot such a low score without cheating.

Another thing to consider is what was the par for those 9 holes.. Could be anywhere from 34 (oly f9) - 36. And of course what tee the player was hitting off of. Closer tees obviously bring more eagles into play..

It's probably not a good idea to play the game with intentions of shooting a 22 in mind, but if it can be done, then why not try to do it yourself i guess..lol have fun trying!

Fore

p.s. with the new best of par 3 course, 22 is much more attainable, lol.

I appreciate the straightforward answer,(had not thought of the par-3 course LOL), you're right about needing to keep this fun(see status on my profile). As my wife would say "its just a game".

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 9:23 AM

There are charts out there and calculators not actual programs, i use bilkos wind calculator its not perfect but its faster than working it out yourself, there is also rulers, that you can put next to your swing bar, (i use masking tape)

i've even seen a club chart in excel that gives exact distances for every club with 0% back spin full back spin etc. only level 90 R11s

but none of that helps u hit the shot, or know what the green will do, which i think is the most important thing.

for instance take bethpage 1st hole if the pins at the back i always add 4 yards,

or SA 2nd hole front flag if you land near the flag the ball will run at least 10 yards past so I take of 6 yards it rolls over the hill stopping near the hole.

take a note pad and when something happens like its shorter than you think or longer make a note, I would suspect all the top players have notes for each hole on each course. one day I will do it.

But some times VEM just kicks in good or bad 

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 5:29 PM

I am old school, I use a post it note for each club and a calculator...lol

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 7:55 AM

The website is very vague about what the software actually does. I assume it's a bog-standard time-delay auto-click program since they recommend using it in conjunction with Gamebooster.

• foregettaboutit
    227 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 2:38 PM

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:06 PM

mohuyu:

The website is very vague about what the software actually does. I assume it's a bog-standard time-delay auto-click program since they recommend using it in conjunction with Gamebooster.

What website? What software?

Sorry but I think I must be missing some information on that post.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:34 PM

Chinajohn:

What website? What software?

Sorry but I think I must be missing some information on that post.

Looks like icon took care of it.

RSS