Forums

Help › Forums

ping irons and meter speed

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 13 2009 4:40 PM (2 replies)
  • ncviz
    527 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 1:06 PM

First let me say I always appreciate new things you guys put out.

However maybe someone can clear this up for me. If you look at the meter speed rating on the ping irons and ping/taylormade driver they should match. Am i missing something here?

When the new tour starter irons came out the meter was very similar to the ping/tm drivers. At the time I was thinking well maybe I'm just imagining something here. But after hitting the ping irons they are definitely faster than the driver, taylormade in my case. I dont mind the speed as much as the difference, really plays with any timing I have left :(. 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 4:23 PM

It seems to be the same to me viz.  Maybe I'm not sensitive enough to notice a difference.

Regarding the PING irons, I noticed the 8I and 9I have the same distance rating (130 & 115) as their Tour Starter counterparts.  All other clubs (notably the PW) have a slightly higher distance rating than their TS counterparts.  Is this intentional?

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 4:40 PM

You may be right Niv. I'm starting to warm up to the speed. It may be me just getting used to it I don't know.

On a side note guys (WGT), you have the flop on the 60 degree wedge labeled wrong as 60 yds. Assuming you meant that to be 18 yds, at least that's the way it flies.

RSS