Forums

Help › Forums

April Virtual U.S. Open Closest-to-the-Hole Challenge

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 16 2009 8:28 PM (7 replies)
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 11:03 AM

The April Virtual U.S. Open Closest-to-the-Hole Challenge is available to play. Here are the highlights from today's update:

April Virtual U.S. Open Closest-to-the-Hole Challenge
    Starting today, test your skills on "The Black" at USOpen.com. USGA has teamed up with World Golf Tour and New York's Bethpage State Park to host the inaugural Virtual U.S. Open. The winner of the nine-hole skill contest will receive a U.S. Open flag signed by a 2009 U.S. Open player.

You can also reach the challenge by clicking "PLAY NOW", and selecting Tournaments > Virtual U.S. Open > Championship Events > Closest-to-the-Hole Challenge.

Virtual Ping G10 Irons
    You can now purchase the Ping G10 iron set, Hybrid, Fairway Wood and Wedges for use in the game.

Replay Wipe
    Unfortunately, it was necessary to wipe the replays again. We apologize for any inconvenience--this should no longer be necessary in the near future.

Best 18-hole Stat
    You should now see a new stat on your profile page for your best 18-hole round.

• markb91731
    6 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 12:00 PM

Just checked it out and I have to say having played the course many times you have captured the look of the holes.

The question will be how will my score on WGT compare to my actual score when I play all 18

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 12:04 PM

So do they really cut the fairways like that?  I find that to be aesthetically displeasing. :(

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2009 6:51 PM

I think the course is purrrrty, too bad I live about 3,000 miles from there and won't be able to play it until I make the Tour :)=  I ♥ it!

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 11:18 AM

I'm having alot of fun on the closest to the hole at Beth Page.  It's not an easy course.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 11:36 AM

We're on the homepage of usopen.com!

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 12:32 PM

That is pretty good publicity for us!

• clabbem
    25 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 8:28 PM

?