Forums

Help › Forums

Weirdest Golf Thing Ever -- Seeking German WGTers Help

Thu, Mar 28 2013 5:23 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:43 PM

Now, I have seen some unusual things --- but I cannot stop watching this. I have no idea whats the deal...but the glasses are classic!

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 5:20 PM

Stop by the watering hole. We have a translator...

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2013 4:41 AM

not that hard to work out .... surely

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2013 10:25 AM

oilyrag:

not that hard to work out .... surely

Have you seen the young mans golf ball glasses?

Sincerely, I am Yancy

• remymartin71
    70 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2013 3:28 PM

the thing was that he had to fin out over the sound of the hitting noise what driver he was hitting-thats easy  to understand

• Udo1
    123 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:14 AM

Maybe we should make the contest here on WGT with different drivers, lol. I think at least Yancy will be able to tell the differences.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:05 AM

Noticables:

- The last driver was #25 - hard choice between so many brands.

- Look at the first shot: The lady, German actress Maria Furtwängler, wears extreme high-heels. I wouldn't hit a ball from "up there"!

• Udo1
    123 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 8:24 AM

alosso:

Noticables:

- The last driver was #25 - hard choice between so many brands.

- Look at the first shot: The lady, German actress Maria Furtwängler, wears extreme high-heels. I wouldn't hit a ball from "up there"!

I never tried it with high heels, maybe I should give it a chance and play better, lol.

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 8:24 AM

Thanks for the help.

I still think its very unusual --- thats why I like it and whanot

Thanks to Andyson for making me these glasses what like the young man had!

I am Yancy

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:51 AM

It's from a very popular German/Austrian TV show called "Wetten dass...?" (I'll bet you that...) where ordinary ppl present their extra-ordinary skills. VIPs like Mrs. Furtwängler become involved as godparents, supporting the betters.

The show has been around here for more than 30 years (203 shows) and still is very popular.

There have been all sorts of bets, in the range of things appropriate for children and grown-ups alike. Most popular are those where heavy construction vehicules are involved, tending small and fragile goods like raw eggs. Last Saturday a guy used a fork lift to place coins in bottlenecks from the tip of a fork. Once two excavators played Tennis (warm-up from 5:53)

Frequently betters will be blindfolded to distinguish sounds and whatnots or they must use extraordinary memory. Years ago there was somebody who knew the exact dates from one year's weather charts of a certain news broadcast...

Here you find a dynamic bet from last year with Halle Berry and Tom Hanks sitting at the tables. 8 out of 10 was the winning margin.

And what to do with watermelons and an umbrella?

Enjoy!

• PAGES
RSS