Help › Forums

wgt sucks

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 13 2018 5:39 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bob077
    29 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2009 9:57 PM

do they expect people to play on a system that has  so many problems wgt is awful address some of the problems and maybe it wont continue to be the almost tiger woods game 

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 8:07 AM

True that WGT still has some problems / bugs to work out, but I don't see where you can think that it sucks. Best graphics of any golf game I've ever played .. pretty realistic play ... with no download and it DOESN'T COST A DIME TO PLAY!!!

• Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 5:11 PM

it has some flaws but its the best free golf available right now, they're making money from the upgrade clubs and putting up #'s such as balls hit and prize money awarded a and that grows advertising dollars, it is a dissapointment to me that is not a golf game for the games sake, but this is a business and they seem to doing extremely well @ it....virtual us open .. lots of attention and the money should really pour in based on that. lets see what happens maybe the improvements to the game will actually be improvements instead of just changes.    should have probably been a period or 2 in that but punctuation ain't my thing

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 12:10 PM

I have had my own set of issues such as putting, but to say WGT sucks is, to say the least, an extreme overstatment. The site and the game has issues which they are working on. I have played TW and if you want everything handed to you that is what you should play. The graphics are not as good as WGT, you won't be able to play the virtual US Open course, probably will never play the Master's course, ect.

I took some time off from playing because I was not happy when I decided to make the best of it because I enjoy for the most part what they are doing.

I enjoy where the game itself seems to be headed. No one is twisting your arm to be here. That said, just enjoy yourself and give them time to tweek the game and expand it. This is still called WGT BETA, it is a work in progress, even if we sometimes don't like to think that it is.

• Sonnj9
    9 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2009 7:41 AM
    I think the coders at WGT have done a great job, unfortunately I think with the wrong Goal. If the Goal of this site is to make online golf like real golf, then you all have achieved that goal Where is the FUN in hitting a 220 yard drive? I can do that on the course. Users play online golf to play like the pros, Look at your Eagle Stats, how many people actually put for Eagle? I think its a great game and great graphics etc, but its so frustrating I'd rather actually go to a course and play real golf.
  • bob077
    29 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2009 12:00 AM

i agree with sonnj  the point i should have made was the slow connections from wgt 

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 5:05 AM

bob077:
     do they expect people to play on a system that has  so many problems wgt is awful address some of the problems and maybe it wont continue to be the almost tiger woods game 

And to think the dreaded VEM wasn't even around back then.  Or was it?!?

don don don DON!!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 5:25 AM

This is the best Virtual Golf Game out there. I don't many problems with the game.

If I hit something, I report it with a right click.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 5:27 AM

Dar gone it Dougie, you got me on 9 year old post.

Lol

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2018 4:18 AM

DonCaron:

Dar gone it Dougie, you got me on 9 year old post.

Lol

Cheers, brother.  :-)

• PAGES
RSS