Forums

Help › Forums

bandon dunes

Thu, May 30 2013 7:07 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dhare84
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 8:03 PM

just got back from a college tournament in Bandon Ore. got to play pacific dunes and bandon trails. didn't get to play bandon dunes or old mcdonald, but still an awesome trip! who has played bandon or mcdonald and how do you think they compare to the other two courses

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 8:25 PM

dhare84... I have played Bandon and Pacific Dunes.  Both great seaside links.  Am looking forward to playing the brand new Old McDonald this summer.  Hope you were able to stay in the golf suites at the Inn... giving you the total Bandon experience...

• dhare84
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 1:52 PM

nope, holiday inn about ten miles away, cheap college athletic director haha, but yeah you are right pacific dunes was a great seaside course, we played trails the second day and it was very different than pacific, but nice and peaceful back in the woods.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 9:15 PM

Ya I've played Bandon Trails several times, as well as Bandon Dunes and Pacific Trails. I thought Pacific was the best. Bandon Trails was great, but the lack of ocean front views seperated it from the others. I should play Ol' Mcdonald sometime soon. I live in the Medford area, if you're familiar, so just a couple hours away.

• WGTwildcat
    647 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2013 2:28 PM

We also love Bandon, and wanted to let you know that we'll be adding a new Bandon Dunes course early next year. It will be a 9-hole free stroke play course featuring player-favorite par-3 holes, so be sure to check out the blog post and VOTE for your favorite holes! 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2013 2:35 PM

How are we supposed to find out the Par3s from the general links?

• WGTwildcat
    647 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2013 2:42 PM

alosso:

How are we supposed to find out the Par3s from the general links?

If you open the survey link, it lists out all the par-3 holes from all the courses. Then you can visit the specific course site, click the "Course Routing" tab and choose specific holes. 

I believe the only exception is "Bandon Preserve" that doesn't include photos on the official site.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2013 3:38 PM

That's a runaround mess - do it without me.

• jimoldfart
    131 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2013 9:04 AM

We don't need more par 3 courses!! We need more full courses. This will be another Peeble Beach for WGT to advertise as one of their courses, that isn't .

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2013 3:46 PM

alosso:

That's a runaround mess - do it without me.

+1

• PAGES
RSS