Help › Forums

Jump in average score !!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 28 2015 11:59 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jogeci
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 2:28 PM

I would like to know is it normal for your average score to rise by 5 shots having just reached `master` level !!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 3:54 AM

Just 5? Lucky you. Eventually your avg will hit a ceiling then bad rounds won't affect it much.Took me 2 months to get back to 67!!

• jld51
    406 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 5:23 AM

goes back up to 75, good game this

• masnaktip
    340 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 5:40 AM

jogeci:

I would like to know is it normal for your average score to rise by 5 shots having just reached `master` level !!

You are virtually starting over from scratch, so it can skyrocket up or tumble down. Mine went down by 3 to 60. The next game I play can still play havoc with it. If I shoot a 36 for 9 holes that would shoot it up.

60 + 72 = 132 divided by 2 = 66

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 6:05 AM

• CCcribb
    4 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 4:26 PM

I just got Master and had 66,8 and suddenly they put me back to 72! How does it work

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2013 3:53 AM

• SlickRob
    11 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2013 11:11 AM

ScottHope:

jogeci:

When you tier up your average score resets. To reach master your average score would need to have dipped to 67 or lower. Your first ranked round as a master creates your new average score, which in your case was 35, so your new average score is 70, (twice your first nine hole score of 35).

Your best 40* ranked rounds will go to make up your average score, so as you are a new master your score will fluctuate with each ranked round you play until you have played 40* rounds. After that, any ranked round that is lower than any of the 40* best rounds that go towards making up your average score will result in your average score dropping. Any rounds that are higher than your best 40* rounds will leave your average score unchanged.

*number varies with each tier

Thanks for this clear and concise explanation. You've certainly put this in perspective for me as I'm trying my hardest to reach "Master" and was wondering what the average needed to be. Again, thanks!

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2013 12:14 PM

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2013 6:28 AM

ScottHope:

jogeci:

When you tier up your average score resets. To reach master your average score would need to have dipped to 67 or lower. Your first ranked round as a master creates your new average score, which in your case was 35, so your new average score is 70, (twice your first nine hole score of 35).

Your best 40* ranked rounds will go to make up your average score, so as you are a new master your score will fluctuate with each ranked round you play until you have played 40* rounds. After that, any ranked round that is lower than any of the 40* best rounds that go towards making up your average score will result in your average score dropping. Any rounds that are higher than your best 40* rounds will leave your average score unchanged.

*number varies with each tier

Think you and WGTicon should switch names, Scott. Your reply was a LOT more use than "your score resets". Resets to what, for crying out loud? Thank you for making sense of my 6 shot jump; it was my assumption, but I realised there is little logic to this place, so I thought I'd better check ;)

• PAGES
RSS