Help › Forums

Jerky swing meter while putting

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 14 2009 5:29 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mitch1968
    8 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2009 10:22 AM

Just recently I have noticed the swing meter to be very jerky while putting.

It is just fine on all other shots, just the putting. 

• geezer1938
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2009 7:35 AM

I am having a horrible time with this also, I have tried everything that I can think of to stop it and nothing seems to work. I have tried bringing the putter back slow and stopping for a second before release and sometimes it seems to work but I just may be kidding myself. I hope someone has the answer because this has cost me to many birdies.HELP!!!!!

• coolbluedavid
    34 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2009 7:58 AM

same here....missing 2 many putts....because of swing meter.... 

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2009 8:15 AM

I find it happens more often in multi player games, and is the main reason why I rarely play in multi player games anymore.

• coolbluedavid
    34 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2009 1:23 PM

havent play a multi player gamein over 2 weeks but i dont see a reply from wgt on this ...

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2009 1:27 PM

Can you tell us when you started experiencing the jerkiness? Also any other details you can provide will help, like whether you were in single/multiplayer, what programs you were running at the same time, what time of day, equipment, etc.

We are also looking into the issue overall.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 11:10 AM

The jerkiness has been happening since the implementation of the stroke play game (or at least since I started playing it).

It tends to happen more frequently in multi player games, but it also happens in solo play.   Time of day doesn't seem to make any difference as the problem is seemingly random in nature.   I've had games where the swing meter was fine for the first couple of holes, but then out of the blue it gets choppy (or worse, freezes), and then it doesn't happen again in the game.   I've had games where it started out bad, and never gets better.

The only program running at the time is WGT in Chrome (which I found to be a better browser for this game).   I run an extremely streamlined WinXP.   Anti-Virus is disabled and I only have a software firewall running at the time (which has no effect on the game).   I have around 23 processes running, and besides the firewall and disabled anti-virus, every process is a Windows process (no other non-Windows processes are running). 

It doesn't happen all the time for me, but it strikes at very inopportune times (such as when I'm just about to click for accuracy).   I've had way too many games where my click isn't registered until a second or two after I clicked, resulting in badly missed shots.   Considering this game revolves around the swing meter, any inconsistencies in the swing meter is problematic and should be seen as priority in getting fixed, IMO.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 11:16 AM

Removing the waving flag while on the green surface would help. 

I think we should also have a shortcut key to shut the grid off.  ALT-G would be my suggestion.

We would line up our putts with the grid, then once we felt comfortable, hit ALT-G to shut it off before we struck the putt.  This will minimize the total amount of 'moving things' on the screen and will help keep it smoother.

I tend to experience the worst lag on the greens as well, only because it has the most moving objects on the screen at one time.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 11:19 AM

There's a keyboard shortcut to turn off the putting grid?

If that can be done dynamically ingame, then that's something I'd be interested in trying out.   Though that would not address the problem of the random jerky swing meter on tee and approach shots.   :)

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 11:20 AM

I second and third those suggestions....

• PAGES
RSS