Forums

Help › Forums

Uneven lie tutorial

Wed, Nov 6 2019 11:24 AM (120 replies)
  • myra0225
    5 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2013 11:50 PM

I agree it changed the whole Physics of the game,i see a lot of people quiting.i may be one of them

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 3:49 AM

Ready to close one of my very first uneven lies game, weekly full 18 at Whistler.

Man, that's terrifying. I mean, never complain as well as the real game physics but that's real hard to understand which is the real line to keep a good side for approach the greens or recovery from roughs or bunkers.

Need to get more practice, great thread indeed.

David.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 6:05 AM

Fraenkel:

Ready to close one of my very first uneven lies game, weekly full 18 at Whistler.

Man, that's terrifying. I mean, never complain as well as the real game physics but that's real hard to understand which is the real line to keep a good side for approach the greens or recovery from roughs or bunkers.

Need to get more practice, great thread indeed.

David.

Hey David,

Glad you gave the UL a try. It does take a lot of practice to get the feel of where to aim and what to expect. What I really like about it is it's simply much harder than the regular game play and we really do have to practice a lot just to play it well. Putting up a good score is much harder and then it's much more appreciated.

In this thread several of us tried our best to relay how we play the UL. I hope it helps you and anyone else that reads it.

~CD~

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 6:41 AM

David,

Think of the uneven lie dots as being similar to the wind.  The faster they move, the harder the "wind" is blowing.

In the case of the real wind, you know the speed, so you can adjust your aim accordingly.  In the case of the uneven lie dots...you need to quantify their speed to be able to adjust.  For side-to-side movement, I simply count how long it takes the dot to move from one side of the uneven lie square to the other, and then adjust my aim based on that.

For instance, a dot that takes 10 seconds to move from one side of the square to the other...will move a 150-yard shot about 40 feet sideways (roughly the same distance as a 20mph side-wind will move that shot).  For clarification, that's the single square around your ball....not the double square around your avatar.

And if nothing else?  Uneven lies gives you lots of practice with 20 and 30 foot putts!

Hope this helps...and I hope we have a new convert.   :-)

Jerm

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 2:04 PM

Thank you guys, both of you gave me the right spirit to challenge this mode.

Maybe by the new year, start with some good practice with your tips.

Cheers,
    David. 

• JDShoemaker
    209 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 2:48 PM

Actually if I might interject the biggest playing problem that needs to be addressed, if drop zones after hitting the ball in the water!  U hit a water shot and can wind up hitting ur next shot out of knee deep hay!  But other than tht RIGHT ON

• TShaw2768
    55 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 3:06 AM

amen

• ParFortyseven
    60 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2014 10:27 PM

Thanx, Eric, this helped somewhat, especially in understanding shots from just off the green.  Here, however, is another wrinkle for you to address:  What do people like me who are color-blind do to distinguish between yellow and green???

ParFortySeven

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 1:18 PM

ParFortyseven:

Thanx, Eric, this helped somewhat, especially in understanding shots from just off the green.  Here, however, is another wrinkle for you to address:  What do people like me who are color-blind do to distinguish between yellow and green???

ParFortySeven

LOL.....ask u'r wife

Eric

• ParFortyseven
    60 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 1:56 PM

Thanx, pal!  She thinks it is all a waste of time.  Seriously, I can walk right past an orange ball in the green grass and never see it, unless I step on it!

P-47

RSS