Forums

Help › Forums

The Movie Thread

Fri, Mar 19 2021 4:00 AM (38 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:37 AM

Sometimes we all need a little break from playing our favorite game, so why not sit back and take in a movie.

So, tell us what you like. Could be anything from documentary to short film, new or old, maybe a sleeper or something that was a hit on the film festival circuit.

Show us a trailer and let us know where the film can be viewed.

Enjoy!

I'll start-

King of California- Netflix streaming. Just one of those fun, quirky movies. Michael Douglas plays the role of the crazy treasure hunter brilliantly.

Touching the Void- Netflix streaming. A true story, absolutely terrifying, and the book is a great read as well.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Sep 23 2017 8:05 PM

Thank you all so much for the incredible recommendations you've made over the past four and a half years...it's great to know there are so many film lovers out there.

Here is a scene from The Wolf of Wall Street, where Kyle Chandler of Friday Night Lights and Netflix's Bloodline fame just nails it...it's phuckity, ***, *** beautiful-

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Sep 23 2017 10:58 PM

mrcaddie:
    Thank you all so much for the incredible recommendations you've made over the past four and a half years

LOL

Sitting here trying to think of a movie, any movie, made me realize I haven't watched a movie (or TV show, for that matter) in many, many years.

I think the last movie I watched was in the 90's Wayne :-(

I like 12 Angry Men, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, and Tombstone (w/ Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday). 

Not a fan of action or sci-fi movies/shows at all.

I'll check back on this thread in 2021 :-)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2017 5:09 PM

Lmao Jay!

I love all three movies you mentioned. See you in four years. :)

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2017 5:14 PM

Forbidin Planet . 

OPY 

Sorry Sir , been on a Cricket bar High .

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2017 5:22 PM

2002 remake of the Count of Monty Christo, & the original

"I'm a Priest, not a Saint"....

The ultimate Karma gets hers, movie

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 3:20 AM

I loved that remake G.

Great read by Alexandre Dumbass. (Did you see what I did there? Come on, who doesn't like a good Shawshank Redemption reference?)

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 4:25 AM

mrcaddie:
    Alexandre Dumbass

Great segue Wayne, lol

Shawshank Redemption remains in the top ten itself, A lot of interesting innuendo

Image result for Warden Shawshank Prison gifs

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 8:44 AM

+1 to you both Wayne and Joe.  

Jeff

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 9:22 AM

Netflix has changed the landscape. The single biggest feature is that all of the past TV shows that were engaging but a week or so apart and fraught with interruptions that hindered the viewing are available commercial free and binge worthy. You can watch a whole season of a show uninterrupted at your own pace and the challenge becomes turning the dang thing off. Just one more episode........LOL

My favorite binges were House of Cards (Netflix original) and Sons of Anarchy. SOA was a TV series on FX (?) that ran for 7 seasons about a NoCal biker gang while HOC, with Kevin Spacey as the POTUS, exposes a lot of the slimy crap that goes on behind the scenes in Washington and I'm sure isn't that far removed from what's going on today. The latest season even has the POTUS getting impeached!  Maybe a little dramatized but certainly believable.

Some of the best ones I've viewed......

Nikita (Maggie Q kicks serious butt while straining the eyeballs.)

Damages (Glenn Close as high powered lawyer Patti Hewes involved in all sorts of shady stuff.)

Gotham (FOX TV serious about Batman evolving from a kid. New season just released)

There's something for everybody.  :-)

RSS