Forums

Help › Forums

meter issues & Mass

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 20 2009 9:50 AM (9 replies)
  • DustyBalls
    41 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2009 10:18 AM

I understand WGT has had to deal with numerous requests and ideas over the past year, but it just seems that the meter issue is still an issue. Allbeit, it is better now than it was since '08 , but it still has a hang up and stutter that drives us crazy sometimes. I am a true follower and supporter for WGT, maybe this issue can be addressed once again. Any information you might have for us would be appreciated.

On a lighter note, I am from Massachusetts and would like to play against others from my home state here at WGT. If you are from mass and want to play a round, just invite Dustyballs !

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2009 10:41 AM

I'm hoping they finally fix the stutter in the meter too.

For me, it's worse in multi player games than in solo play, particularly the putting swing meter.   And it seems to be random, sometimes it works great, other times clicking on the button doesn't register for a second or two (resulting in a huge mishit).

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2009 11:05 AM

Thanks for the feedback, we are continuing to look into this. Internet performance definitely plays a part in this, since it's common for speeds to vary during any session (I see this all the time when streaming movies over my computer). What would also help is if you noted the times when this happens to see if there is a common thread--time of day, single/multiplayer, programs running in the background, etc.

• PlopDog
    4 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2009 5:22 AM

just my observation: the only times I got the stutter was when I had too many other things (programs, apps, services) running while playing WGT. Also, as I'm sure your well aware, lack of sufficient pc memory relative to your pc configuration can also factor in. Hope this helps

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2009 8:44 PM

I play on a wireless laptop, while my wife sitting next to me plays on our desktop.

We both notice the bar freeze at the same time.

Can't really blame this on computer performance.

Not placing blame....Just my observation

Thanks for all the hard work

Mike

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2009 7:01 PM

Hi,

I have monitored the meter issues on forum, but not having had to many problems I havent had the need to comment. Well - I am now. For the first time my swing meter just lost it (in a ranked round to - I still completed the round mind you)

On the downswing the meter stuttered a bit at the top, seen that a little before - but then took off at such a speed I had no hope in the world of getting it right. I made a valient attempt but to no avail - the travelled about 6 feet !!

Thats the first really bad moment I've had, since I've been playing.

Other than that - its a great game. Keep up the good work WGT

Doug

• Junger
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2009 9:26 PM

When that happens for me, I just let the swing complete without clicking...treats it as a non-swing and no stroke

• BiminiBen
    53 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 7:22 AM

I have noticed that it seems the worst in the afternoon and evening when there seem to be more players online.  I suspect it is more of a server overload issue than a local machine problem or an ISP problem.

• NASAgolfer
    96 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 9:35 AM

Note: At the time reported below, things were so bad that I decided to log off for a while and try again later.

April 20, 2009 (12:00pm-12:20pm Eastern Time Zone) 

Single player mode - system was very slow and choppy. 

• vpc1sgt
    19 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 9:50 AM

I've had less issues with the club swing meter recently, but the meter with the putter is outta control.   It's been VERY stacatto and difficult to time, especially on longer putts.   I've somewhat adjusted to the shorter putts.   I recently played on my daughter/son-in-laws' laptop and PC and noticed the same problem, so I don't think it's an issue with my PC.

Thanks- vpc

RSS