Forums

Help › Forums

Bilko's Wind Calculator Now A Program

Mon, Aug 14 2023 7:11 PM (175 replies)
  • bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:52 AM

Yeah, using tools is definitely cheating. That's why I drive nails with my hand and figure my taxes with a #2 pencil.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:38 PM

SGTBilko:

MikeDeck51:

I Just have one ? about this thing and that is when u get ur total distance whatside do you refer to?

mike the left column is straight distance, if you entered an elevation difference it takes that into account into the distance.

where is this program?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 1:25 PM

TracyMax:
    where is this program

It's not really a program, more like an applet. It's on the first page of this thread.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 3:55 PM

YankeeJim:

TracyMax:
    where is this program

It's not really a program, more like an applet. It's on the first page of this thread.

Actually, an applet can only be ran from an internet browser, therefore it's not an applet. It is considered an application. 

If you were referring to it having to be downloaded from the web, then I guess you can call it an applet, but in programming language it would be classified as a program or an application (not requiring an internet connection to be used).

• TarheelsRule
    5,470 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 4:04 PM

I don't believe that I have seen any comments from WGT in this thread.  I would be interested to see their opinion on this and whether they feel it violates the terms and conditions.  I have not used it and won't until I get their opinion.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 4:07 PM

TarheelsRule:

I don't believe that I have seen any comments from WGT in this thread.  I would be interested to see their opinion on this and whether they feel it violates the terms and conditions.  I have not used it and won't until I get their opinion.

Pizza stated in the WGT Caddy thread that both of these programs are to use. As long as they don't alter the gameplay, they are legal. They are just fancy calculators. If anyone uses the regular calculator installed on their PCs, then it's the same thing - it's just more deluxe.

• TarheelsRule
    5,470 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 4:27 PM

I'll check it out, although I'm not much of a fan of all the add ons.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 4:30 PM

TarheelsRule:

I'll check it out, although I'm not much of a fan of all the add ons.

I've stopped using these aids myself. Although I'm still bored, I enjoy the game slightly more playing by feel.

• xXxjasonxXx
    688 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 4:32 PM

not any dif then using one of these out on the course u dont know!!!!!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 6:05 PM

Buggyyy:
    Actually, an applet can only be ran from an internet browser, therefore it's not an applet. It is considered an application. 

ap·plet Noun /ˈaplit/ 

applets plural

1. A very small application, esp. a utility program performing one or a few simple functions

Exactly what this does. Hence, "more" like an applet.

RSS