Forums

Help › Forums

Bilko's Wind Calculator Now A Program

Mon, Aug 14 2023 7:11 PM (175 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 1:29 PM

BILLNPATTY:

I use a Mac computer and the Wind Calculator is not compatible.  Any suggestions on an inexpensive Tablet that would allow the download?

It might even work on a cheap windows phone. As long as the operating system is Windows. 

• DavidImm
    9 Posts
    Tue, Aug 26 2014 12:17 PM

Could someone please send this file to me? My ISP won't let me access the site (work).

Thanks

davidjimm

at

netzero.com

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2015 8:00 PM

Is this a spreadsheet? Or will it work on Mac?

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2015 11:11 PM

Bilko's wind calculator was good but Kat's is even better.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 8:09 AM

borntobesting:

Bilko's wind calculator was good but Kat's is even better.

Any chance you can link me too one?

I don't think his will work for me because I'm on mac. Is there a spreadsheet version? 

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 7:43 AM

Steve, Hoping for some input for what I'm doing wrong.  I just downloaded the "Wind Calculator" and this is what happened'

174 yard hole, 18 feet downhill, 23 mph wind behind from 5 o'clock.  I subtracted 6 yards for downhill, I then subtracted 60% of 23 mph wind which was 13 yards, for a total of 19 yards.  That totaled a net 155.  I played the 155 and the ball went 10 yards past the hole.

Can you see what I did wrong?

Thanks in Advance

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 10:42 AM

If you are talking about Bilko's calculator, it is based on the level 33 Callaway spin ball. Balls with more distance will fly farther.

If you are talking about Kat's wind calculator you have to Tweak the settings for head and tail winds to your ball.

With Kat's using my settings I  came up with 158.5 yards.Which would be my 7 iron hit at around 96% power using -61% spin.

There are a couple of things that could have caused your shot to go 10 yards too far. The most obvious one is accidentally changing clubs and not noticing. That has happened to us all at one time or another.

The second thing which I am guilty of quite often is forgetting to add spin on the shot after doing my calculations. No added spin can definitely cause a shot to go 10 yards or more too far.

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 10:10 PM

I've got it pegged  at 155 with Kats.  If you use Sin/Cos you get 154.  So the math looks good.  We'd need more info on the shot you took.  Could be a WGT wtf moment.  Could also be if you hit an 8i flat.  The 8i is a jacked up club.  Avoid it at all cost.  I can get 138 to 165 from the Tee's using that thing.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 11:01 PM

gerryniswonger:

Steve, Hoping for some input for what I'm doing wrong.  I just downloaded the "Wind Calculator" and this is what happened'

174 yard hole, 18 feet downhill, 23 mph wind behind from 5 o'clock.  I subtracted 6 yards for downhill, I then subtracted 60% of 23 mph wind which was 13 yards, for a total of 19 yards.  That totaled a net 155.  I played the 155 and the ball went 10 yards past the hole.

Can you see what I did wrong?

Thanks in Advance

First : 5 o'clock is quite 6 ... You substract not enough for wind, at least 18 should be better.

Second : The green"s slope, the shot is not the same if green is uphill or downhill, longer when downhill, shorter when uphill.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Apr 16 2017 1:53 AM

11BC2:

I've got it pegged  at 155 with Kats.  If you use Sin/Cos you get 154.  So the math looks good.  We'd need more info on the shot you took.  Could be a WGT wtf moment.  Could also be if you hit an 8i flat.  The 8i is a jacked up club.  Avoid it at all cost.  I can get 138 to 165 from the Tee's using that thing.

Depends on your ball and spin. Mine was with the level 35 callaway ball and -61% spin. And I find the 8 iron right on if you don't use full spin.Use full B/S and anything can happen

RSS