Forums

Help › Forums

Bilko's Wind Calculator Now A Program

Mon, Aug 14 2023 7:11 PM (175 replies)
  • Danmark2010
    805 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 5:05 AM

SGTBilko:

Finally we can offer you a program instead of a spreadsheet thanks to the great work by STEVEOSH! Just download and install. Merry Christmas to all my WGT Friends.

Please like bilko's tools on Facebook! 
    !

I don't like the ideea to use somthing like this to make better my game i love the challenge with my brain not with computer help.So guys if you are a corect play with your brain and live this guy alone with his computer game.Im realy happy when i make 59 with my brain,that i call a challenge not computer help program.damn all this players use cheat

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 5:40 AM

Woodoworkery:

I must be missing something here , but Bilko's wind calculator at least for me ,is sooooooooo far off it's not funny.

Agreed 100%

• pjschaub
    173 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 6:34 AM

There are variables in the distance depending on ball and clubs. In earlier post you will find that you may have to add or subtract 5 yds. This is only a calculator that will take out the guesstimation process you will still have to use your skill in the game to preform. If you use it and find that some winds will react the same each time as for a 11 mile an hour head wind will take away 4 yds. once you have used it enough as in reading greens it will come as second nature which in return you can take it off and not have to use it for every shot. Take it as a tool not a "solve all" you still need to have the hand eye coordination to perform and knowing what's in your bag. Don't take it so much as "set in stone"

It's quick and for my addition and subtracting I needed it at times but have used it enough to the point I don't. 

Hit'em Straight and Long, pjschaub 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 6:56 AM

Lizard69:

Woodoworkery:

I must be missing something here , but Bilko's wind calculator at least for me ,is sooooooooo far off it's not funny.

Agreed 100%

2 stuck up Tour Legends passing judgement on a nice piece of work designed to help new players.

You both ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Go play with your 26s and 27s and leave stuff like this to the common folk that need it AND are thankful for it.

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 7:19 AM

Was that totally necessary YJ?

I'm absolutely not ashamed and not in the slightest bit "stuck up" but how could you possibly know that when you dont know jack $hit about me?

I dont recall passing judgement, I simply agreed with woodworkery that as they dont work for HIM, the numbers dont work for ME either. THAT IS ALL.

If you cant be civil then kindly go and fornicate with yourself.

You love an argument, it's what you are best at, well I wont be adding anymore to this thread, so say what you wish, you WILL be arguing with yourself.

Have a nice day :-)

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 7:46 AM

What is your problem Jim? Really ? All i said was the program is way off for me. If the program is right prove me wrong . 

Go to Wolf Creek CTTH and use it and show me you are getting within 2 yards using the calculator. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 7:54 AM

*** don't stop at Wolf Creek, go any where Oly, RSG, OAK. Damn all I said was it was not working for me, and instead  of you saying here try this, right away you get all defensive, all you can do is criticize , and  say this is easy to learn,  you never give any concrete advise.  

He did do a lot of work , but it doesn't work with my set up.

Try giving some sound advise and quit talking in circles.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 8:06 AM

Lizard69:
    Was that totally necessary YJ?

About as necessary as you coming here and slamming the effort. Why even bother showing up in this thread?  Neither one of you needs anything here, especially Gary and his tin foil hat collection.

And I did give you advice, Gary, it's why you're a TL now and you know it.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 9:24 AM

Copied directly from the site:
    Note: Due to the varying distances of balls and clubs the results are a good general guess. There is no way to factor in the spin so these are straight shots without front or back spin. For example with the R11's and Nike balls I always add another 5 feet to the shot after the calculation is done. I would recommend you add 5 yards to the distance to allow for roll out

One more thing I might add to this conversation the man had a impact on his life that was not in most folks mind possible.

I'll just leave it at that

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 9:52 AM

One thing that might he happening to the few people who find the calculations to way off is a mistake on their part. The program automatically converts elevation from feet to yards when it calculates the distance. If you manually convert feet to yards before entering it into the elevation field the distance calculated is going to be way off for holes with extreme elevation changes. As much as 20 yards or more on some of the holes. 

RSS