Help › Forums

Bad players

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 13 2010 1:50 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 6:48 AM

Hi all !! I cant understand why few players used offensive words when are playing matchplay. Today i start to play one match with ****, and delay my first shot because in this moment i have to do something (lose one shot). When return i read in chat all type of offensive words to my and my family. I couldnt believe all than im reading in this moment!!. WHY??. This is only a game and people who play only should try to be fun. This is my opinion and i dont know if this things happen to more players (i hope not) or only is this (player i think not) that he has a bad moment. Sorry for delay my first shot but its only a game ****.

Villa

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 6:53 AM

villadeoro:
    delay my first shot because in this moment i have to do something (lose one shot).

If you have to step away long enough to lose a stroke then you were gone over 3 minutes. While your opp's reaction may have been off the chart you might have alerted him you had to do whatever. It isn't really fair to the other player to be this inconsiderate. JMO

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 6:59 AM

i think that my delay was less in time, but was more that i think for this i cant alert to my opponent about this. If i know that i have to step away long time, i forfeit match and tell you excuse me, but nothing can excuse offensive words to me and my family. If other cant or dont want wait, he can forfeit match too and dont play anymore with me. I understand this but not his words. Sorry YankeeJim but im really serious man and in never situation tell offensive words to some person.

Villa

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 7:09 AM

I agree with you, villa. You did time out 2- 90 second waits which is where I got the 3 minutes from but that's besides the point. Some people get really irritated at stuff like this and treasure their stats. Don't take it personally because it certainly isn't the norm.

Really offensive behavior can be reported to WGT. Screenshots of the chat help too. See you out there..  :-)

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 1:49 PM

YankeeJim:
    Some people get really irritated at stuff like this and treasure their stats. Don't take it personally because it certainly isn't the norm.
    Hi Jim , i totally agree that you should give a heads -up if your stepping away for that long...As far as stats , they're not recorded  unless your talking about the W-L column. But for the "norm" , lately it has become the norm...at least for me it has. If players are not prepared to lose they're credits , don't wager them. I love match-play , but I have to say , the chat has become more and more abusive there....sad , just sad. Like Jim said Villa , take a screenshot and maybe we can weed them out.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 7:39 PM

Hi Villa did you tell him you had something to do because if you did not tell him i totaly understand why he blew his top. We all have things to do so why did you think your so important that he should just wait for you and why did you start the match when you had something else to do that seems just as rude imo.

CSC

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 2:14 AM

when i start to play, i dont should do nothing, if not , i cant play, of course. Then when i return to match, my partner is here, waiting, but he is writing some things that i can understand why. I only want to tell him SORRY,  but when he see me online again, he continued with offensive words, and then forfeit game. If he dont want waiting for me, i can understand this, i only can tell him SORRY AGAIN,  but when he wait for me only for tell me this things and then forfeit game, i cant understand that. For this i open this thread, because i dont want that some players abusse with words. Not problem for me , i play more than 100 match play games and i think that you can ask to my partners games if someone had problems with me, (i think that not). But i dont want made anymore of this match. For me is ended, only want to transmite this to others players because this things not good for nothing. Thanks mates for tell me your opinoins and i know that i should tell my delay to my partner before but i dont know that i should go more than 3 minutes, if not i forfeit match. I did this a lot of times, i dont see stats, only want to play funny matches and help others players, or others players help me to been better player and person. Thanks

Villa

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 12:40 PM

Hi villa,

In the future please take a screenshot of any abusive behavior that you run across and email it to us at members@worldgolftour.com.  Also, I had to edit the player's name from your post because we ask that you do not call players in a negative fashion here on the forum.

Though I do not condone the way he chose to communicate his differences to you, I could understand if he thought you were trying to mess with him in an attempt to win the match.  It may have been an unusual circumstance.

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 12:56 PM

Unlike some on here that seem to think they know everything and an authority of EVERY subject matter on EVERY thread to the extent that they have now amassed many 100's if not 1000's of posts on each and every subject known to mankind.  I will jump to the defence of a person that is probably more genuine than most. A person that goes out of his way to assist and help others improve. A person that gives his time and experience to help those that  ask for it. A person that is extremely generous to those that he helps by means of gifting them without their prior knowledge. A person that doesn't warrant being abused.  A person that sometimes has difficulty understanding the english language , yet does his best to accomodate.

Maybe certain people could learn from his behaviour, rather than condem him for stepping away. No one should be abused by anyone in a virtual game, or any other occassion regardless of the circumstances. 

Rather than appearing to be GOD almighty,  maybe  you should look at yourselves before judging. Try playing a game with him and you will find a very fast player that is also very company during the game.

Now  maybe you can have a "go" at me  if you like . (As experts of course)

Stay the way you are Villa, you are gentleman, one that it is a pleasure to know.

• Iceats
    346 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 1:17 PM

Abusive (vulgar) language is unacceptable period.  There can be no good reason for it, no excuse for it, and certainly shouldn't be supported by those which have responded to this thread.

Ones actions, even if displeasing, does not warrant such childish behavior.

Our vocabularies have certainly gone downhill when the only way one can expess displeasure with anothers action is to use abusive and vulgar language.

If you had read the post you would see that Villa accepted responsibility for his actions, his complaint was the language used toward him and his family.

• PAGES
RSS