Forums

Help › Forums

Sending Messages

Fri, Dec 9 2022 2:05 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • vajda
    106 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2012 12:32 PM

Hi Everyone! I still have yet to figure out how to send a message to a friend when he/she is offline at the time I would like to send the message. When the friend is online, there is a green icon that clearly allows to send a message, but when the friend is offline I can't seem to find any way to do so. Instead, I just post a comment or message in the bottom right hand corner of the screen (I can't remember right now what that is titled). Nevertheless, if any one has some advice please let me know. Thanks so much! Brad

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2012 12:37 PM

I just click on the friend whether they are green or not. It will pull up their profile page, at the top you have the send message option.

• vajda
    106 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:40 AM

Thanks so much Renni. I will give it a try! Regards, Brad

• BogieZed
    87 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 8:55 AM

I used to have that at the top of the screen, now the send Message option does not show up.  On Chrome and Mozilla browsers.  Wondering why?

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 11:23 AM

Might be worth trying a hard reload on Chrome BogieZed, hit F12 to bring up the developer console, then click and hold the refresh button and select empty cache and hard reload.

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 6:47 PM

(Just covering all of the bases)

For Bogie:

Before you can send a message to another player, you must first send him/her a "Friend Request". After they have accepted your request, you will be free send messages to their WGT "Message Box" - if they are offline, the message will be stored there until they open the box.

• Papabukk
    708 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 11:18 PM

Can I send a message to a friend using the mobile platform?

• Tacoma802
    400 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2019 1:47 PM

Papabukk:

The only way to send a message via mobile platform is if you send a gift and attach a message to that gift within the app. If you send a gift to a friend it creates a private message under your profile on wgt.com. From my experience, many mobile players are unaware of the wgt.com messenging system so a response would be unlikely.

It would be very helpful if wgt included a direct messenging function within the mobile app that doesn’t require a gift to be sent to. It seems like it would be an easy addition to the inbox they have recently added to the app.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2019 5:12 AM

Tacoma802:

Papabukk:

The only way to send a message via mobile platform is if you send a gift and attach a message to that gift within the app. If you send a gift to a friend it creates a private message under your profile on wgt.com. From my experience, many mobile players are unaware of the wgt.com messenging system so a response would be unlikely.

It would be very helpful if wgt included a direct messenging function within the mobile app that doesn’t require a gift to be sent to. It seems like it would be an easy addition to the inbox they have recently added to the app.

Actually there are a couple of mobile browsers out there that currently support Flash (but probably not very much longer). Puffin browsers works well for accessing the WGT full website. This will give you the ability to create a new message without having to send a gift. 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Aug 15 2019 12:20 PM

“Actually there are a couple of mobile browsers out there that currently support Flash (but probably not very much longer). Puffin browsers works well for accessing the WGT full website. This will give you the ability to create a new message without having to send a gift.”

With regards to Mobile players messaging using the WGT website, the really stupid thing about this is that you only need a Flash supported browser on your phone to send the INITIAL message to a friend. Once that is done you do not need a Flash enabled browser to then send messages back and forth from the “My Messages” button on LH toolbar. The issue is that the area on the LH Toolbar that accesses your friends list is Flash based (like the game itself) But the messages themselves are not!!!

I don’t really care if WGT adds messaging to the mobile game itself as I could see that as being a bit of a bigger project than some believe it is. But it would be nice if they could somehow make it so that the messaging on the WGT website can be initiated without Flash

• PAGES
RSS