Forums

Help › Forums

Virtual U.S. Open Qualifier Winner Announced, and more...

Fri, Nov 26 2021 12:50 PM (192 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2015 9:32 AM

keyesjak:

I have a question for the Chambers bay US open, how does  a golfer get a 20 under par they would have to birdie every hole and eagle the 3 par 5's for a round,,,,,, is that even possible?

That would be 21 under, I think the leader is at 51 in the qual...I forget, is CB par 70 or 71?

But yes, it's possible to eagle all par 5's and birdie the rest, lil luck, lil skill (for the honest players).

• ladymozzy
    1,579 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2015 4:55 PM

The best cheat App wins a holiday i heard..... not sure  if it's true tho....  just a rumour i came across xx

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2015 11:59 AM

MBaggese:

keyesjak:

I have a question for the Chambers bay US open, how does  a golfer get a 20 under par they would have to birdie every hole and eagle the 3 par 5's for a round,,,,,, is that even possible?

That would be 21 under, I think the leader is at 51 in the qual...I forget, is CB par 70 or 71?

But yes, it's possible to eagle all par 5's and birdie the rest, lil luck, lil skill (for the honest players).

And don't forget that #12 being a short par 4 makes it an eagle hole as well and I know that at least 1 player has made double eagle on it. 

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2015 12:26 PM

I managed a 55 with a bogey on the 12th hole, a nice tidy four putt from above the hole.

Made 17 birdies on the rest of the course.   Since 12 is a birdie or eagle hole as BORN mentioned above, I could have easily played short and flopped up for a sure birdie their and had 18 under par.   The par 5 holes are all reachable and holes that can be eagled since the ball feeds back to the hole.

It's unlimited play, I would guess that most players are not going past hole 5 unless they are 5 or 6 under.  In my best round I made a couple of 15 footers but the other putts were close, except for 3 holes the approach shots are pretty simple short and middle irons and the winds are low.

I would expect the green speeds to vary when the real play begins, no restarts and higher winds.   I don't expect to see many scores below 58 in the Open this year.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2015 10:33 PM

borntobesting:
    And don't forget that #12 being a short par 4 makes it an eagle hole as well and I know that at least 1 player has made double eagle on it. 

Nice on the Ace!

But yes, I know it's short and played correctly an Eagle is in sight, bird at worst.

But honestly, since I posted a 53 or a 54, I've only played the ranked rounds there, or AS, MP as well...but all from the back tees to get a feel for the wind.

But my reply is yes, it's possible in these Qual conditions...now set the tees back, turn up the wind...story may be different:)

But hey, here's to a few more rounds!

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2015 1:07 AM

Hi All,

Yes its definitely possible to shoot those low scores, but as "Tars" mentioned it will be a totally different course once the green speeds change, and the wind gets up.

To be honest anyone can win it from here, get a good couple of rounds in and hang in - those greens will be atrocious once the conditions change.  If you can shoot 4 rounds in the mid to upper 50"s your going to be real close.

My ranking is "Master" so I found it a real challenge to play Chambers. My best a 64 - really happy with that. I almost double eagled 12 - missing a hole in one by about 10 feet.

I had a hole in 1 on the Par 3 3rd - after that I nearly repeated it a couple of times lol.

Anyone know how many holes in one were shot during the qualifiers ?? Just be interested to know what company I'm keeping lolol.

All the best guys in the tournament - stay patient.

Cheers

Doug

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2015 12:51 PM

Wouldn't you know it...Mr. I never make any misjudgements, or misreads or my meter never jumps on me, is right at the top once again in a big tournament. I wonder how many meter jumps or how many WTF shots he had in the round? Based on his score, I bet none.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2015 1:28 PM

Heath021:

Wouldn't you know it...Mr. I never make any misjudgements, or misreads or my meter never jumps on me, is right at the top once again in a big tournament. I wonder how many meter jumps or how many WTF shots he had in the round? Based on his score, I bet none.

I guarantee he gets meter spikes and wtf shots just like the rest of us.  The difference is that he minimizes mistakes and maximizes opportunities...in other words, yes, he's that good.

(I assume you're talking about fmags)

• gdog8
    1,356 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2015 1:55 PM

+1 Agree with Marc, Try watching if not live like I did on his twitch feed  or thru the replay that He so kindly downloads and links on his profile page.  It is there to watch before you make any more uneducated statements.

Fmags, I believe he has greater focus then you sir, spends  less time bitching about wgt  and probably this frees  his mind of the negativity that consumes yours allowing him to be more focus on the task at hand. That  along with his many hours of playing experience allows  him to deal with any situation that presents itself!

I would like to watch some of your games so we can witness how wgt is screwing w/you and your game more so than others.  Can you please provide your twitch below.

Thanks in advance and posts like the above just make you sound like a petulant child IMHO.

Have a wonderful day Heath and wish others could be more giving of there time and knowledge like Fmags in that aspect you could learn a lot.

Cheers-GD

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2015 7:52 PM

dorkfeatures:

I had a hole in 1 on the Par 3 3rd - after that I nearly repeated it a couple of times lol.

Anyone know how many holes in one were shot during the qualifiers ?? Just be interested to know what company I'm keeping lolol.

I got one in the qualifier too Doug ... on the 3rd like you ... totally unexpected, it just hit behind the hole and hopped back in. It made up for the choke shot par I had on #2. The great thing about that round is that I eagled #7 and #8 in the same nine. Par on #6 so finished the front nine at -10. I think that's the first round I've ever gotten three eagles on one nine except on Cabo Del Sol maybe, and in the best of par 5's ... 

Congratulations on that ace ...

RSS