Forums

Help › Forums

Virtual U.S. Open Qualifier Winner Announced, and more...

Fri, Nov 26 2021 12:50 PM (192 replies)
  • Heath021
    378 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 4:30 PM

And now the cut line is at 55...REALLY! This is why I hate unlimited tournaments. Someone can play it as many times to shoot a certain score. That they cannot other wise shoot under normal circumstances, which hurts the really good player whom, dosn't have time to play as much.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2015 5:10 PM

Heath021:

And now the cut line is at 55...REALLY! This is why I hate unlimited tournaments. Someone can play it as many times to shoot a certain score. That they cannot other wise shoot under normal circumstances, which hurts the really good player whom, dosn't have time to play as much.

Get off the RG's, and play CB....simple enough as I see it?

• Morgies
    105 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 4:19 PM

I was on the cusp ... 177 / 176 Just hit -18 ... round of my life! Holed from 121 .. Pitched from 12 ... Holed putts etc. WTG the lil guys who play 45 sec clocks.

(Psst: I'll finish last no doubt but meh .. So pleased I hit that score versus the <ahem> guys that ding meters ..

Vammooo me :-)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 9:07 PM

Well done Morgie, welcome to the show!

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2015 10:08 AM

Best I could do was a very frustrating -10 61. This included a 4 putt Double bogey on #13 or 14 and 4 missed birdie putts inside 5 feet. That 61 could have been and maybe should have been a 55. The 4 putt Double was just not watching. I just missed my 15 foot birdie putt and then really messed up.I must have changed scales on my second putt. A 2 foot putt rocketed right over the hole ending up 12 feet away and I just missed the 3rd putt by inches. 

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2015 2:28 PM

Then there are those who’s stats and score history show they have never broken a 58 yet score a 52 on the U.S. Qualifier…LOL! REALLY!  There is some crazy *** going on this site. Maybe the reason I am trying to kick my addiction of this site, don’t play even as close the amount of rounds  I used to play. Too many questions of legitimacy.

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2015 7:46 AM

Born..

It's a strange course.   I was lucky enough to card a 55, which included a four putt on the 12th hole after going long above the hole and getting stupid with my first putt.  It could easily have been a 53 had I played that hole smart.

I also have had rounds where none of my shots stop close and I end up with an endless string of pars.  It's really easy to start hot and get to 5 under after 5, which I assume everyone is doing or restarting at that point, and then go on a 3 or 4 hole par streak.  I shot 10 under on the front the other day and followed that with pars on 5 of the next 6 holes.

I'm not a huge fan of the unlimited tournaments but WGT makes the rules and we play by them.   They get a lot of revenue and interest from this tournament.   The unlimited burns balls at a high rate, especially with that tempting restart button.

It will be interesting to see the conditions that they four rounds are set at this year, last year the variety in green speed really got me confused after a great starting round of 55 had me tied for the lead, this year I'm going to check them out when they are posted and do a little practice before diving in.

Keep at it you have the game to get in my friend.

In terms of one of the 52 shooters who doesn't have the best stats in the world.  Take a look at his Qualifying round.   He had 3 eagles on the front nine, everyone can have a once in a lifetime round and he obviously did.   Give people credit for playing a good round.   If you don't want to play then don't but this player deserves his due, he did it under the same conditions all of us tried to qualify under.  

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 7:27 AM

Heath021:
    Then there are those who’s stats and score history show they have never broken a 58 yet score a 52 on the U.S. Qualifier…LOL! REALLY!  

This is obviously easy to figure out especially now with our knowledge of all the different type CHEAT ENGINES available.

As for -

Heath021:
    Too many questions of legitimacy.

When there is money / prizes on the line "I think" WGT will be certain the winners will have played the game fair, square and without the assistance of any type of a cheat program. 

• keyesjak
    5 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 10:28 AM

I have a question for the Chambers bay US open, how does  a golfer get a 20 under par they would have to birdie every hole and eagle the 3 par 5's for a round,,,,,, is that even possible?

• StormTigers
    264 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 7:59 PM

Yeah well ummmmmm... I don't know has me beat.  That is one of the hardest I have played.

Admittedly I haven't played for quite awhile due to work.

I was happy with a 79 for a new course and no practice.

But 55 cut line - get serious - I think I remember why I walked away from this thing.

Ridiculous scores being posted

RSS