Forums

Help › Forums

Virtual U.S. Open Qualifier Winner Announced, and more...

Fri, Nov 26 2021 12:50 PM (192 replies)
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2016 4:07 PM

While I did not qualify, I did check the leaderboard and apparently it's not open yet. Kinda sad as there are just a few days allowed for each round.

Examining the leaderboard for the qualifier, I identified several players from the first page who have apparently been banned - as revealed by the fact that their profiles cannot be turned up through the search function.

This would presumably shift the scores downward but have no effect on the qualifying score of 56.

Before verification of scores, there were scads of folks tied for 149th at 56. Now apparently those same folks will still qualify, only instead of being tied for 149th they will be tied for 140th or whatever....

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2016 4:26 PM

156+ ties

Past years the option to tee of has been available straight away. I think 1 year there was an issue and that option wasn't available and small update was needed, I might be wrong i can`t really recall what the issue was. 

Normally by now there would have been quite a number of scores posted/ leaderbored available to view scores been 14 odd hours since qualification has closed i was mid round when it closed unfortunately.

I shot 57 cool with that as an Aussie can`t win the top prize does not worry me that much not playing in the open. But from the point of view of others I would have liked an honest and fair chance of making the cut line. WGT is to blame for that not doing anything about it many years ago.

• Cwire
    185 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2016 4:52 PM

How is it that I shot 55 and it says I am in 50th place, but when I tried to play it says I didn't make the cut. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2016 5:40 PM

Cwire:

How is it that I shot 55 and it says I am in 50th place, but when I tried to play it says I didn't make the cut. 

Back up and read all about it.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2016 6:35 PM

The 2000 credits awarded seems to appear then disappear!! Seems like the problem lies with the credits for the Qs.I just logged in and saw the 2000 added and when i looked to see if  the "Open" was open the 2000 vanished!  So it must me the connection between the 2!!

• gooch134
    236 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2016 1:50 AM

WGTChampion has this covered in another thread!? ( well kinda )

VUSO and BRACKETS

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/401323.aspx

EDIT: In a nutshell, they are experiencing issues and working to resolve them as quickly as possible. No time frame given.

• tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 5:28 AM

I'm so pleased I didn't waste ball after ball qualifying for this US Open.......i had 2 tries at the qualifying round and had a 57 then a 55 so I got in only to have a headwind on 15 out of 18 holes.......8 dinged approach shots either go way left or right or 10 yards short or long 

What a load of crap WGT.....I bet the guys who shot 55 or 56 in the 1st round didn't get the same winds as I did. Great to see we're ll on a level playing field.....fkn crooks 

• Robbie0102
    636 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 8:32 AM

Tanneralis,

for the guys and girls shooting 55/56 or better it doesn't matter, if the wind comes from the front, the side or from behind. They're playing their rounds as good as any conditions, perhaps with one stroke more or less due to the wind. ;-) So don't make the mistake to rant about other players, because it didn't work for you ... the mistake is at wgt ... therefore:

Tanneralis, basically I agree with you ... and that's what I said several times here:

I don't understand, why it doesn't work to have nearly the same conditions at the wind for every player, at best the competely same conditions. I know, that wouldn't be as in real life, but the wind conditions here aren't also not like in real life ... you can't have 15 times headwind on a course, that's not possible in real life. ;-)

At heavy wind on the English courses the difference can make e.g. at St. Andrews up to 5 or 6 strokes. As I said, not compellingly for the best players here, but for the players behind. And at Oakmont it's not different, I would say the difference can go up to 3 or 4 strokes, not counted the holes, where it's much easier playing with an Iron 8 on the green instead of taking an Iron 3.

Due to the different wind conditions it's sometimes more gambling than skill. So same conditions for all players in a tournament and then the skill really counts.

Robbie

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 10:38 AM

tanneralis:

I'm so pleased I didn't waste ball after ball qualifying for this US Open.......i had 2 tries at the qualifying round and had a 57 then a 55 so I got in only to have a headwind on 15 out of 18 holes.......8 dinged approach shots either go way left or right or 10 yards short or long 

What a load of crap WGT.....I bet the guys who shot 55 or 56 in the 1st round didn't get the same winds as I did. Great to see we're ll on a level playing field.....fkn crooks 

You could message those players with the 55's and 56's, I'll bet you find out they had a lot of head winds as well, big difference is they:

A)  Don't get frustrated by them

B)  Know how to play them

I had one tail wind on the front 9 Par 5

The rest side and head winds, I've just come to accept it and not let it get in my head.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 5:12 PM

Over the rounds the winds normally level out. if you get bad winds in one round you will probably get better in the next and vice versa

RSS