skip nav

Forums

Who will have the last word?

Thu, May 23 2019 1:59 AM by ScottHope. 7,425 replies.
  • gonfission United States
    1,427 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 6:19 PM

craigswan:
    In 2006, the aircraft carrier USS Oriskany was deliberately sunk off the coast of Florida to create the (then-) world's largest artificial reef. Thirteen years later, sea life is thriving and the wreck is now known as the "Great Carrier Reef".

FYI

Off Key Largo, there is an underwater state park, with many items, such as statues, and boats of all sizes.

And one notable bit of interest.

My 58 foot customized Admirals lunch. Which is made solely off wood. I partied on that boat for 3 years in the North East. Lived on it for 2 years.

I sold it for a literal BOAT LOAD of stupid money, to an idiot that wanted to take it to Florida. You can't have a wooden boat in FL. because of an organism in the water, that will eat through the hull. Some, very few wooden boats, have false bottoms added to them, so the organism will eat that instead of the hull.

It must be changed every year.

Well, the mook took the UGH, yes, that was her name, to FL. anyway. She did eight knots wide open. A single screw as well. There is an eighteen knot rip tide off Virginia you have to go out off shore for miles to navigate around.

8 months after I sold it to him, Boot Key harbor master called, and left several messages on my answering machine, telling me MY BOAT was taking on some serious water, and the Coast Guard was constantly pumping it out.

The POS mook kept my MA. number of, MS 10 on the bow. Thus, Boot Key finding me.

I explained the story to them, and told them they had my permission to tow it to Pennakamp under water state park. The first of its kind in the U.S.. They took the motor out, and all the caustic materials, and sank it for new coral growth to adhere to it in perpetuity.

A bit of my life, will continue to give new life, to coral species that are being ravaged by inconsiderate divers.

Image result for navy admiral launch boat The UGH...

Makes me feel as though I have left a positive mark on the world, that has given me so much...

Karma baby

-----------------------------------<*{{{{{-(

Digg
    Delicious
  • craigswan United Kingdom
    14,263 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 11:45 PM

great story .

Digg
    Delicious
    14,263 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 11:48 PM

still snowing i see .

beware the beast from the east .

i'm off to dubai tomorrow .

Digg
    Delicious
    14,263 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 11:52 PM

Word of the day: FARPOTSHKET (Yiddish slang) - the act of breaking something in the attempt to fix it.

Digg
    Delicious
  • HenryKawa Canada
    1,140 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2019 12:45 PM

Are you really going to Dubai?

Digg
    Delicious
    14,263 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2019 2:00 PM

yep .

off to see Alicia keys in concert .

Digg
    Delicious
    14,263 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2019 2:13 AM

Digg
    Delicious
    14,263 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2019 2:22 AM

"Laughter" is the happiest word in the English language.

Digg
    Delicious
    14,263 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2019 2:22 AM

One is never alone with a rubber duck.

Digg
    Delicious
    14,263 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2019 2:23 AM

The scientific name for nose-picking is RHINOTILLEXIS.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS