Forums

Help › Forums

Daylight Savings Time Change

Sun, Nov 3 2019 11:09 AM (20 replies)
  • WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 10:52 AM

Greetings American Golfers,

November is here and that means a change to daylight savings time. I'm here with a friendly reminder to turn your clocks back one hour on Sunday, November 4th at 2am.

So no matter where you are on Sunday, when the clock strikes 2am, it becomes 1am again. I hope this message find anyone who might try to squeeze in a last minute game to keep up their consecutive games played - be warned!  :)

P.S - here is a handy guide to see when and where DST affects you!

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza 

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:02 AM

Is that my time, or your time 2am?  lol

Kidding, thanks for the reminder.  I would hate if I showed up at work early, everyone would laugh at me.

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:08 AM

just a warning to Europeans our time changed last week so please ignore this helpful advice.

us Europeans like to be ahead of you Yanks lol

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:16 AM

fairground11:
    just a warning to Europeans our time changed last week so please ignore this helpful advice.

Thank you, fairground11, and Good point! I've edited my post to compensate :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:21 AM

fairground11:
    us Europeans like to be ahead of you Yanks lol

Yeah, but I know who won between the turtle and the hare...lol

Thanks again Batman.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:46 AM

WGTpizza:
    November is here and that means a change to daylight savings time. I'm here with a friendly reminder to turn your clocks back one hour on Sunday, November 4th at 2am.

Hi pizza. Could you pleeeease get me some Memory Boost for this,,,LOL! ASAP please. Sunday is almost here.  Now what do I do again ?

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 12:15 PM

overtheedge:

WGTpizza:

Hi pizza. Could you pleeeease get me some Memory Boost for this,,,LOL! ASAP please. Sunday is almost here.  Now what do I do again ?

what,your clock doesn't change automatocally? So way behind the times.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 2:15 PM

borntobesting:
    what,your clock doesn't change automatocally?
    This detail may have slipped off his mind.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 2:46 PM

The next day will now be at 7pm Eastern instead of 8pm Eastern.  Yes the clocks change but using UTC/GMT as the date marker will effect the end of the day by 1 hour now that we'll be off daylight savings time.

• ASE031
    71 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:41 AM

3puttsSuk:

The next day will now be at 7pm Eastern instead of 8pm Eastern.  Yes the clocks change but using UTC/GMT as the date marker will effect the end of the day by 1 hour now that we'll be off daylight savings time.

Thanks for that piece of advice, helps a lot as I wouldve expected the next day to begin at 8 as usual!

RSS