Bandon Dunes...

Mon, Dec 15 2014 3:26 PM (20 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 11:56 AM

alosso:

From May 2013:

WGTwildcat:
    Bandon is coming to WGT early next year, so you'll be able to play as often as you'd like.

There is more information in our blog post, hope you enjoy it!

That would have been in spring 2014, while the cited news stated,

Bandon Dunes Golf Resort is coming to World Golf Tour Fall 2014

Now, it has become Dec 11th to come true.

Me thinks that the delay is excusable, only has none of us(?) remembered this announcement long enough.

Good job, WGT!

Now we have a baseline for what "early next spring" means to WGT.  ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 12:06 PM

hpurey:
    Now we have a baseline for what "early next spring" means to WGT.  ;-)

Speaking of which, what is going to come first-Chambers Bay for the 2015 US Open (which would mean another 5 months for a new course) or Pebble Beach? Let the speculating begin.  LOL

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 12:22 PM

YankeeJim:
    Let the speculating begin.  LOL

LOL

Suggestion for WGT yellow call...sorry, habit lol ...  if WGT expects to have the next course out by, let's say, March 2015... then they should announce it as coming in July 2015.  That way, if something goes wrong and it doesn't come out until July, they are covered, but if it goes as they planned and can be released in March after all..   Just think of the praise they would get for giving us a new course "earlier than planned".  ;-)

Used to do it for customers at the service garage I managed,  give the repair and extra day or two just in case. Usually just the one that might carry over the weekend.  Tell them it won't be ready til next week, then be able to make their day and have their car ready by the weekend. You never now, wrong part delivered, or faulty/damage new part.  But when the car was ready earlier than said,  customers appreciate that, and I appreciate not having to explain why it was later than expected if it wasn't ready "early".

I know, in some way it's probably wrong, but I think that the joy of getting it earlier than anticipated is a good feeling for most.  ;-)

Don't do it anymore,  office worker, keeps me close to the WGT forums for a sanity break from the paperwork.  

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 12:38 PM

Shoe said, three courses until the VUSO. Thus, Chambers then and Pebble in between. Perhaps I was correct in assuming the occasion to be the Pro-Am event in February?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 12:41 PM

alosso:
    Perhaps I was correct in assuming the occasion to be the Pro-Am event in February?

I hope you are.  :-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 2:13 PM

It has seemed that wgt starts with vague release target times before commiting to a firm drop dead date. One can only play Bali Hai again as a reminder as to how far wgt excellence has progressed. With the stakes so very high to develop Pebble and Chambers to their earned and deserved level of excellence must be daunting. We all look forward to them and we expect them to be dazzling...and I wager they will be.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 11:24 PM

It's a pity they lost one of the beautiful Cypress trees from the fairway of #18 on Pebble in the recent storm. And they won't replace it until after the national pro-am.

I'm with alosso on this one. I'm thinking the national pro-am will be the release date for Pebble, being as it's a PGA tour event and WGT has just inked that new deal with the PGA of America.

It would be approximately the half way point between Bandon and Chambers Bay also ...

Good guess Shoe? :-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 8:15 AM

Hi Don ;-}

donsprintr:

It's a pity they lost one of the beautiful Cypress trees from the fairway of #18 on Pebble in the recent storm. And they won't replace it until after the national pro-am.

Glad to hear they will replace it. It is a safe and reliable place to aim at....now is only Augusta would replace the "Eisenhower Tree"...that you would never aim at...

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 5:48 PM

There are some Donsenhower trees on Olympic I wish they'd remove ...

Hi Lily ...

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2014 5:41 AM

donsprintr:

There are some Donsenhower trees on Olympic I wish they'd remove ...

Hi Lily ...

Yes, there are....sneaky ones. They reel you in on #1, the trees on the right mean nothing, the ball goes right through them...then on #5 there is one stinken little leaf that bats you to hades. The one on #10 is fickle...sometimes yes, other times nada...plus a host of other stinkers....Oly is fun if you're in the mood for a good lickin'   ~ SP ~ 

RSS