Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tips, calibrate any putter with this formula

Mon, Aug 13 2018 10:59 AM (49 replies)
  • LarkinPat1
    83 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:57 PM

paulshack:

lol what?????????? you just stole this pinned thread...r u new???????????

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/559.aspx

.Careful, bad form! I stole nothing, im not a thief!  ok now, tell me what happens when some one assumes? yep I think you got it?  however,  In this case, Its the truth

• LarkinPat1
    83 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:00 AM

Oldbayrunner:

borntobesting:

Oldbayrunner:
    m sorry guy but it sure takes a lot hutzpah to absolutely plagariaze someone elses penned teachings by changing a few words pass it off as your own on here and on your profile blog. You should be ashamed of yourself and apologize to the original poster and true person that penned this as well as the community as a whole. Had you have given kudos to the original poster and author then this would not be an issue in most peoples eyes and it's not too late to do that and save yourself some face.

I don't think he even changed anything. He just copied and pasted Niv's original post.

He changed the middle Paragraph where Nivlac gave kudos to another member by taking out that persons name and plagariazed the rest passing it off word for word as his writing it.

What's even more making me grit my teeth is the fact he's posting this crap on new players walls passing it off as his teachings. I am refraining and restraining myself from posting anything on his and the others walls regarding this plagariazation. I will let the Mods handle this in their own manner. I've had my say so nuff said.

Yes I get the idea, but first you must under stand some thing, I never thought for a moment that i was plagiarizing anyones work, nor at any time did i think that for a second, i was stealing &/or trying to play make believe that this subject is all my doing, and for you to assume that i did, is also in bad form, i mean its not my fault so many people had done you wrong in life, that its tough for you too see whats real, & just assume.. the information that I'm getting so much flak over is from allot of different players. not just one Author, and most are grateful for the information and some ask ware can they  find it?  think its just as WGT Posted to begin with, lol after all it really is, isn't it, the basic premise after all it was shown to me through an e-mail to begin with, not all but 70% of it, and like you, I assumed, it was from who wrote it, for i never had any reason not to believe him. So I posted it on my profile and added to it as I progressed, adding to my home page,  when some players asked for help i copied it on to there home pages. and that was about the extent of it. Not until i got flooded with thanks from players, & praise for teaching them side by side. I enjoyed it, and still do. Whats even more nuts, Is when I 1ST started & not until Pro tier, I looked and looked for some way to make sense of that dam Starter putter, WGT hadn't yet added the putter formula in its break down form until not so long ago! My point is this, why in the world would anyone keep information under lock and key, for as long as you say this post was originally from, seems because I posted what i thought was Good Stuff, and thought all Hacks, should of had the information given to them, as soon as they joined have it available, & as I'm sure you know,I had only just recently posted. I wish you, and all of the Authors, as well as there friends had  Posted this topic, instead of guarding it. Not sharing is also considered sand bagging too.  So anyway I'm Happy as hell its out there now!  It's about time, don't you think Its popular now? as it should of been! lol  

• LarkinPat1
    83 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:06 AM

bubbadork:

If no one prosecutes, he/she should at least be banned. Strictly an ol' guy's personal opinion.

Yes I get the idea, but first you must under stand some thing, I never thought for a moment that i was plagiarizing anyones work, nor at any time did i think that for a second, i was stealing &/or trying to play make believe that this subject is all my doing, and for you to assume that i did, is also in bad form, i mean its not my fault so many people had done you wrong in life, that its tough for you too see whats real, & just assume.. the information that I'm getting so much flak over is from allot of different players. not just one Author, and most are grateful for the information and some ask ware can they  find it?  think its just as WGT Posted to begin with, lol after all it really is, isn't it, the basic premise after all it was shown to me through an e-mail to begin with, not all but 70% of it, and like you, I assumed, it was from who wrote it, for i never had any reason not to believe him. So I posted it on my profile and added to it as I progressed, adding to my home page,  when some players asked for help i copied it on to there home pages. and that was about the extent of it. Not until i got flooded with thanks from players, & praise for teaching them side by side. I enjoyed it, and still do. Whats even more nuts, Is when I 1ST started & not until Pro tier, I looked and looked for some way to make sense of that dam Starter putter, WGT hadn't yet added the putter formula in its break down form until not so long ago! My point is this, why in the world would anyone keep information under lock and key, for as long as you say this post was originally from, seems because I posted what i thought was Good Stuff, and thought all Hacks, should of had the information given to them, as soon as they joined have it available, & as I'm sure you know,I had only just recently posted. I wish you, and all of the Authors, as well as there friends had  Posted this topic, instead of guarding it. Not sharing is also considered sand bagging too.  So anyway I'm Happy as hell its out there now!  It's about time, don't you think Its popular now? as it should of been out there all along,   

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:27 AM

LarkinPat1:

LarkinPats PUTTER GUIDE
    29 Aug 2011 at 12:18 AM

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:28 AM

LarkinPat1:
    Yes I get the idea, but first you must under stand some thing, I never thought for a moment that i was plagiarizing anyones work, nor at any time did i think that for a second, i was stealing &/or trying to play make believe that this subject is all my doing, and for you to assume that i did, is also in bad form,

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:31 AM

LarkinPat1:
    I had only just recently posted. I wish you, and all of the Authors, as well as there friends had  Posted this topic, instead of guarding it. Not sharing is also considered sand bagging too.  So anyway I'm Happy as hell its out there now!  It's about time, don't you think Its popular now? as it should of been! lol  

Uh...been stickied longer than I have been a member

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:46 AM

Copied and pasted the exact same reply to 3 different posts. A rambling one at that. This is sad.

FWIW, Mr Copy, I've been here 2+ years longer than you and I learned about avatar moves  from that very thread. Like any noob should, the first place I looked when I joined was at the FAQs. Learned all about putting, pitching and chipping thanks to 2 very good, helpful players, Nivlac and Icon, who took their own personal time to put together great primers on important parts of this game.

For you to come along and claim these efforts is an insult to their efforts. You need to acknowledge them to those you claim to help and quit making like you're some brilliant author.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 4:42 PM

Definition of PLAGIARIZE

transitive verb
    : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source
    intransitive verb
    : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
    Simple solution........Take your name off what was penned by others and give credit where credit is due. 

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:38 PM

The OP still has time to make amends and fix this...this community is a very forgiving lot.

However, if he/she leaves it as is, claiming to have authored another's work, well that's as low as it gets.

I urge the OP to step up and do the right thing.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 6:26 AM

Nowadays, if you don't want to call someone a liar, you just say "they edited the talking points." :-)

RSS