Help › Forums

More WGT Players Join Winners Circle

Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:48 PM (48 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 7:47 AM

borntobesting:

CerinoDevoti:

Seems like each of these Winner Anouncement Threads turns into a I Didn't Win So I'll Complain Thread. If I were WGT, I'd stop announcing it in the message boards and just contact the winners.

If they did then the same people complaining now would be screaming "Why don't you post the winners?" For WGT this unfortunately is a lose/lose situation.

The reason WGT is now announcing the winners is because other folks complained that they didn't learn who won stuff. Now WGT gives those folks what they wanted and other folks complain they don't like how a certain player wins or why.

Frankly, until I get the e mail that I won something, my interest in who wins and how is zero. What I don't like to see is people who won by chance or game play having to defend themselves. That isn't right.

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 8:31 AM

CerinoDevoti:
    What I don't like to see is people who won by chance or game play having to defend themselves. That isn't right.

Can't argue with that.

It's understandable people wanting to know who won the sweepstakes they entered and WGT are starting to get better at communicating that. If someone bought a lottery ticket and took it back to the shop after the draw date, they would be cheesed off if the shop keeper made them wait 6 months before telling them who had won or even if the draw had actually taken place.

I still think a little more transparency would help reduce the grumbling. Maybe a winners list on the tournament page with all the sweepstakes and "won by" or "pending verification". Even easier, put that in a sticky post on the tourny winners thread.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 7:08 PM

oilyrag:

a quick search on swedish gaming laws shows that the swedish government has a monopoly of all gaming, which by the way, is out of step with the eu.

a guess would be that to offer prizes to players from sweden will probably require agreement with the swedish government and probably some form of payment.

credits are probably ok because they are not actual currency

Nice work O....    

I have Highlight what you said.... and agree with you 100%

My way of thinking with all this....  and no disrespect to WGT or anybody.

The sponsors can still still hand out their Prizes.... with the golf holidays....  then Wgt can still still pay out the equal credits to a person that is not eligeble (is that a word...lol) to win the Holiday.  

I also think.... It's great that Wgt is naming all the winners now.....   but the biggest problem with that is... when somebody that only plays 1 or 2 games a year... wins a great Holiday.

Let us all play this great game....  I know... I don't have no chance of winning anything ( i'm working on that though...lol)....  

The beauty of just competing is Priceless :)

-Roger

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 3:48 AM

mantis0014:
    The beauty of just competing is Priceless :)

Very nicely put Roger.

The random draws just make people wonder, thats all. Then freedom of speech let us voice those opinions in a public forum. (period) 

Any opinion is cool as long as you're not hurting others in the process. 

• Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:48 AM

My biggest issue is being removed from the leaderboard.

And as far as the laws in Sweden goes, yes, the government has monopoly for running a gambling business out of Sweden, however, there is no restriction for us to gamble or play poker on a site that is based outside Sweden, foe Pokerstars, Expect, unibet.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 6:58 AM

Although I dont mind who wins any of these tournaments, especially the ones you have to compete in to win, Like Bolox's Kiawah trip, that is down to skill, but some thing which is randomly drawn, you have say a master who has played the ctth tournament a hundred times and is top of leaderboard, he's there down to his HARD WORK and skill, and a guy who's played this game once or twice entered a tournament and won a prize with a CTTH score of 789 (compared to winners 45).  Who would you rather give the prize to?  Personally I think the winners should win prize, or at least a draw from the TOP 20, not some one who is maybe last but one!, But if a low ranked random player must win something, give them a golf club or something or a new golf club bag.  Or alternatively have a CTTH shoot out between the "random" draw winner and the leader.

And why not give Kriztjan some credits for coming 5th,  (not that he needs then after 10K win.LOL)

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 7:17 AM

chrisironsbones:
    Personally I think the winners should win prize, or at least a draw from the TOP 20

even a draw from the TOP 75 would be better than the unrewarding lottery effort  we have now.

and on Kris's point.........how retarded is it that wgt let someone enter a comp.....but then remove them from the leaderboard because WGT's ageing script is only set up to work this way....well you know what? maybe it's time to change it..

surely if they can enter the comp, then their result should stand.....let's face it, wgt are happy to let folks in Kris's situation waste ball life in the knowledge that even if he comes 1st then he won't be winning the prize...so at least give them the glory of remaining placed of the leaderboard.

the way it stands...it's as silly as this shot

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 9:06 AM

oilyrag:

a quick search on swedish gaming laws shows that the swedish government has a monopoly of all gaming, which by the way, is out of step with the eu.

a guess would be that to offer prizes to players from sweden will probably require agreement with the swedish government and probably some form of payment.

Well as a Swedish citizen I can say that we have plenty of gaming options here. Not just the government controlled gaming company.

But the EU thing your spot on about.

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2012 2:21 AM

TallAcePaul:
    How about this........

Bit like the Hunger Games but not quite as dangerous.

+1

LOL........, nice analogy Paul.........

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2012 2:44 AM

chrisironsbones:
    Personally I think the winners should win prize, or at least a draw from the TOP 20, not some one who is maybe last but one!, But if a low ranked random player must win something, give them a golf club or something or a new golf club bag

+1

The winner should win the main prize......then have a draw from the top 20/50 on the leaderboard for the additional substantial prize....obviously WGT want to make it attractive & get as many players into the tournament but they could have another random draw for those outside the top 20/50 offering 5000 credits or so. Keeps everyone happy....even if I didn't get in the top 20/50 I would still compete for an outside chance of collecting the credits.

RSS