Forums

Help › Forums

More WGT Players Join Winners Circle

Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:48 PM (48 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 12:39 PM

Seems like each of these Winner Anouncement Threads turns into a I Didn't Win So I'll Complain Thread. If I were WGT, I'd stop announcing it in the message boards and just contact the winners.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 2:47 AM

CerinoDevoti:
    and just contact the winners.

If they can find them,,LOL!

• oldbones29
    2,035 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 6:23 AM

Is it possible that the random draw winners do not even exist, and are just players set up by WGT itself so they don't really have to give the prize away.???? Because it does seem fishy!!

Let the conspiracy theories begin!!

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 3:54 PM

oldbones29:
    Let the conspiracy theories begin!!

If you set up 9 extra accounts and only used them to play the occasional sweepstake, you would give yourself 10 times as much chance of winning. 

We would also see a high proportion of the sweepstakes winners being low level players who haven't played for some time.

A conspiracy theory that seems to fit the facts which doesn't make it true :-)

PS Just for the record, I don't have a problem with the sweepstakes winners. I can't begrudge someone being lucky.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 4:32 PM

oldbones29:

Is it possible that the random draw winners do not even exist, and are just players set up by WGT 

pish

• angelsgolfing
    211 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 10:24 PM

damn u wgt i want to be a random draw & i,m real not made up   lol

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:17 PM

CerinoDevoti:

Seems like each of these Winner Anouncement Threads turns into a I Didn't Win So I'll Complain Thread. If I were WGT, I'd stop announcing it in the message boards and just contact the winners.

If they did then the same people complaining now would be screaming "Why don't you post the winners?" For WGT this unfortunately is a lose/lose situation.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 2:08 AM

DAZZA501:

overtheedge:

WGTwildcat:
    Winner: SlicerSwing3rd
    Prize: SlicerSwing3rd was the lucky sweepstakes winner, chosen at random, for a golf trip for two to the historic Pinehurst Resort – including hotel, airfare and three rounds of golf.
    So,,,,this is the winner by "Random Draw".  OMG,,,,,LMAO! Okay.
    United States SLICERSWING3RD
    Level
    Tier
    Hack
    Average Score
    Status
    Offline Offline
    Career Earnings
    $0.00
    Friends

A total of 29 games since joining nearly 2 years ago and 1 of them was good enough to win a random draw tourney...LMAO!

I joined in Oct 2010, I think and have played close to 3000 ranked rounds.

Maybe this is the secret ... just play 1 game every few months.....lol

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 2:26 AM

WGTwildcat:

Kriztjan:

I understand that, however, why remove players from the leaderboard?  Atleast give the players the credit for placing high in the leaderboards, you dont remove an Amatuer player from the leaderboards in a PRO event just cause he can´t win the prizemoney.

Unfortunately for certain tournaments, this is the only way the system will work for awarding prizes. It has to do with players being from ineligible countries in tournaments with "top leaderboard" prizes. This is only for certain tournaments, but I'm sorry your top score isn't reflected here...

In reference to the question about specific country laws, in general our restrictions are based on varying country laws/regulations and/or whether or not we have agreements with those countries. I know that we hope to continue expanding these, but it's an ongoing process. 

No offence to you or WGt,  Wildcat... but what does it mean whe you say 'We have agreements with those countries'.

Just saying..... I think Wgt should change their restrictions for some countries. I think they are outdated and should be revised asap.

Yes I understand that most of your big prizes are golf holidays in the usa, that people overseas can't win.... that's fine, I have no probs with that, but when it comes to gift cards....

I know in Australia... we don't have any such gambling laws that would affect us from winning prizes. 

As Kriztjan said.... if we are not allowed to win prizes, then the people should be able to get credit payments.

-Roger

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 3:46 AM

a quick search on swedish gaming laws shows that the swedish government has a monopoly of all gaming, which by the way, is out of step with the eu.

a guess would be that to offer prizes to players from sweden will probably require agreement with the swedish government and probably some form of payment.

credits are probably ok because they are not actual currency

RSS