Forums

Help › Forums

More WGT Players Join Winners Circle

Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:48 PM (48 replies)
  • BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 6:50 PM

I had a bad front 9 and a good back 9, with birdies on the last 5 or 6 holes for a strong tiebreak. 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 10:49 PM

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 10:52 PM

BolloxInBruges:

I had a bad front 9 and a good back 9, with birdies on the last 5 or 6 holes for a strong tiebreak. 

no need to explain bud....

good win :)

DAZZA501:

overtheedge:

WGTwildcat:
    Winner: SlicerSwing3rd
    Prize: SlicerSwing3rd was the lucky sweepstakes winner, chosen at random, for a golf trip for two to the historic Pinehurst Resort – including hotel, airfare and three rounds of golf.
    So,,,,this is the winner by "Random Draw".  OMG,,,,,LMAO! Okay.
    United States SLICERSWING3RD
    Level
    Tier
    Hack
    Average Score
    Status
    Offline Offline
    Career Earnings
    $0.00
    Friends

A total of 29 games since joining nearly 2 years ago and 1 of them was good enough to win a random draw tourney...LMAO!

good or bad or totally suspect.....at least wgt's random draw picker is consistent in choosing from lower tiers who very rarely play or have totally given up altogether.

• Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 3:55 AM

I would like an answer to my questions in second post, please.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:45 AM

BolloxInBruges:

Who R U kidding man! You and ah'hmm,"Slicer", are all set and ready to play Kiawah. After that, you will both stroll over to the Pines and bang out a few rounds their and the whole entire time saying, MAN !, life is good,,lol. 

• WGTwildcat
    647 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:56 AM

Kriztjan:

WGT, why do you remove players from the leaderboard who are not eligable to win prizes!?

I tied for 5th with a score of 110, 54 56, atleast reward those players who cannot win giftcards with credits!

Its only a fraction of countries that can actually win the giftcards.

We would love to be able to give out prizes to all of our players, but country eligibility is based on each country's laws and regulations, so it's unfortunately not up to us. We can discuss whether there are other options for leaderboard prizes, etc. but for now, we're just going by the Tournament Rules for each tournament as a guideline. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:12 AM

WGTwildcat:

Kriztjan:

WGT, why do you remove players from the leaderboard who are not eligable to win prizes!?

I tied for 5th with a score of 110, 54 56, atleast reward those players who cannot win giftcards with credits!

Its only a fraction of countries that can actually win the giftcards.

We would love to be able to give out prizes to all of our players, but country eligibility is based on each country's laws and regulations, so it's unfortunately not up to us. We can discuss whether there are other options for leaderboard prizes, etc. but for now, we're just going by the Tournament Rules for each tournament as a guideline. Thanks for the suggestion.

I understand that, however, why remove players from the leaderboard?  Atleast give the players the credit for placing high in the leaderboards, you dont remove an Amatuer player from the leaderboards in a PRO event just cause he can´t win the prizemoney.

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:22 AM

WGTwildcat:
    We would love to be able to give out prizes to all of our players, but country eligibility is based on each country's laws and regulations, so it's unfortunately not up to us.

I would like to know where in the Swedish law this is not ok. Since me and other Swedish players cant win anything in some tourneys I take it you can provide a source for your decision.

• WGTwildcat
    647 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 2:56 PM

Kriztjan:

I understand that, however, why remove players from the leaderboard?  Atleast give the players the credit for placing high in the leaderboards, you dont remove an Amatuer player from the leaderboards in a PRO event just cause he can´t win the prizemoney.

Unfortunately for certain tournaments, this is the only way the system will work for awarding prizes. It has to do with players being from ineligible countries in tournaments with "top leaderboard" prizes. This is only for certain tournaments, but I'm sorry your top score isn't reflected here...

In reference to the question about specific country laws, in general our restrictions are based on varying country laws/regulations and/or whether or not we have agreements with those countries. I know that we hope to continue expanding these, but it's an ongoing process. 

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:25 AM

How about this.

In a random draw tournament every time you complete a round you get 1 draw. If you play 100 times your name is in the hat 100 times. (Not in the US Open hat otherwise you would have to wait for over 2 months after each tournament to pick a winner :)).

Bit like the Hunger Games but not quite as dangerous.

RSS