Forums

Help › Forums

Hello from Tucson AZ

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 30 2009 11:49 AM (7 replies)
  • gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2009 3:50 PM

New to WGT today and still learning the ropes. I've been playing Nabisco 'Golf Course' game for quite a while and it has its own challenges for sure (nothing but water and sand for starters), but couldn't connect to the game last night, so went Googling for a new golf game.

If I can EVER figure out the putting in this game I'll be hanging out looking for games. I can't seem to get how much power to put on puts to go the desired distance. What are those moving thin vertical lines in the power bar nearest the 'perfect' release mark?

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2009 8:12 PM

Welcome gr8tfl. Hope you get the hang of it.

From what I can figure the bars move when you're in the power range for the aim you have set.... I've tried using them for a proper shot, but found that practice is the best method.  Judge your distance, slope, and break..then swing away ! It'll all come to you in time

Enjoy your play

Mike

• daar101
    1 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2009 8:36 PM

don't worry you will get used to it  they make no sense at all just go with your best instincts ha ha  i personally think they have a lot of work to do on their green perspectives to get it at a top notch system   but i do hope they do   the seven second delay does not help either as you are waiting to see what you just did    try to enjoy and stick with them and keep asking questions as they always lead to improvements   just saying hi  

• Theorg01
    21 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2009 9:16 PM

youll never figure out the wind variation as much as they change it on you

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2009 10:07 PM

I gave up trying to get putting figured out.  Welcome, have fun.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2009 1:20 AM

Welcome to our world! This game is waaaaay better than the Nabisco one, and totally addictive. You also get to meet some really nice people too.

On the other hand, I haven't seen my wife for a while!

Sean

• Middle4man
    368 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2009 6:44 AM

Hello back to you! Welcome to the wonderful world of WGT! These guys fill a wonderful void of the realistic online golf game....and it's FREE! In the back of my mind I wonder how long THAT'S going to last. They've just recently made some improvements and adjustments to inhance the game FURTHER, and from what I hear those enhancements are just the tip of the iceberg. Take your time surfing through the entire site, and PLEASE ask questions....there are some fantastic people linked to this game, and more often than not they have the answers. Give me a buzz should you want to chase it around for 9.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2009 11:49 AM

Welcome to the site.  Here's a great tutorial written by one of the higher ranked players. thxs nivlac

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/559/2218.aspx#2218

Try this putting suggestions. Hope it helps. GL     

fuzzygazz

RSS