Help › Forums

BAD CONNECTIONS

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 31 2014 3:47 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • barrynichol79
    642 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 7:19 AM

Does any body have the same problem im having,just get to last holes of a game then that STUPID MESSAGE appears ERROR, the game disappears then hopefully you can log back on to the game you have just lost,   is there nothing WGT can do to solve this frustrating problem

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 8:33 AM

barrynichol79:

Does any body have the same problem im having,just get to last holes of a game then that STUPID MESSAGE appears ERROR, the game disappears then hopefully you can log back on to the game you have just lost,   is there nothing WGT can do to solve this frustrating problem

Nope. Never had that.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:02 AM

barrynichol79:

hi

if it keeps coming back, then it's something in connection, like maybe wifi problem or something?

i do get them but rarely and generally they go away after 5 minutes, but that's usually when my internet is fluctuation or some kinda hickup @ server end. but, those are rare.

-wgticon

• DirkSmathers
    2 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:30 AM

It's been happening all day to me too, and others i've played with are having the same problem. My internet connection is fine, as i and my co-workers have had no problems with anything other than WGT. I even got back into a game 3 times, did the same putt twice and was then told that i was disqualified for disconnecting so many times. Meanwhile, my completed games percentage is going down, and my fun level is right there next to it.

• gooseme67
    4 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:52 AM

they will play helll ever getting any oney out of me.there`s an old saying:: "you can`t get blood out of a turnip".

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 10:11 AM

WGT has some software problems.  As an expert in the field I can distinguish most of those from other problems.

Some people have system and connection problems.  It's obvious; many of those have been addressed with workable solutions.

There are WTF problems.  These are shots that didn't behave "properly."  Mostly these are due to the random displacements caused by the precision, forgiveness, balance, etc., variables.  Even if some variables have rectangular distributions (as do properly generated random numbers), the sum of such independent variables forms a normal (Gaussian) distribution.  This means that most deliberate perturbations of the shot cluster near the mean, but an occasional wild-ass number comes up.

There are paranoia problems.  Apparently a lot of people have them.  What I don't understand is why people that believe WGT is out to deliberately eff them over and rob them continue to play the game.  Is there a correlation between paranoia and masochism?  Shoot, I don't know.

Some for-profit businesses have great customer support; some don't.  Some have great engineers and some don't.  Some have great managers, some don't.  Some have great marketeers, some don't.  It all shakes out in the end.  If you continually patronize a baddie, it stays in business.  If you don't patronize a goodie, it disappears. Make up your own mind about WGT, but then act on your beliefs, if you truly believe them.

• tonyrube
    10 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 1:21 PM

Agin I have been left holding the bag, (last to not cancelout) then get back in to be told I forfited the game!... Hope you all get this problem corrected. I enjoy what you have to offer and dont mind the small expense.

• george69
    1 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 1:44 PM

Ditto, and not just the ERROR message, time on loading next hole is insane a hell of a lot of time.  Quite a few times it has taken so long that each of the 4 players had to go out and come back only to find the game was then ended with no one wanting it to.  There are what I think are some major issues and WGT needs to work on them and FAST !!!

• PAGES
RSS