Forums

Help › Forums

%%% Disconnect System BLOWS!!!!

Tue, Oct 9 2012 5:45 AM (42 replies)
  • davebrown45
    13 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 3:23 PM

I agree im at 73% i never disconnect once.Stupid idea!!!

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 3:36 PM

I disagree,

Maybe because I have a great ISP, and I don't play A/S.

I like the information available to the host of a stroke play round where the added players are are random finds.

All in my opinion & in my playing choices of course.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 3:37 PM

hyena64:

gmaster007:
    we need to reduce waiting time to roughly 90 seconds

And the very first time you get knocked off for any reason & can't get back on in 90 seconds, guess where you'll be?  Back on here complaining about 90 seconds not being near enough time to get back to the game.  If you're so tired of quitters as we all are, give the feature at least more than a day or two so you can fully understand it & wgt can correct the bugs. Sure, everyone will be unjustly penalized for a glitch or some such thing, but you only lose 3%, & the very next game you complete, it comes right back. And if you're having trouble with quitters on a regular basis, stop playing people you don't know; problem solved. By the way, when you come up with a perfect system, be sure to let wgt know so we can all benefit.

can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs,
    we have to go through this crappy process so that all these issues can be solved.

because what the alternative here? going back to quitter'sville? I don't want that.

quitters need to be outcast from this game, and this is the best way for us to do it.

the only reason this rank system is here, is because WE ALL demanded it
    time and time again, and now we b¡tch and moan because it needs some tweaking?

there needs to be a quitter filtering system of SOME SORT,
    right now, this is it, so we should suggest ways to better it,
    instead of calling for wgt to take it down, months and years
    after we begged for it to be implemented .

it's a simple case of growing pains, I'm sure we can handle it.

again, I justify everything that's been said, I suffered from it too,
    but we asked for a quitter system, so let's try and better it rather than killing it.

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 3:51 PM

gmaster007:

but we asked for a quitter system, so let's try and better it rather than killing it.

Please speak for yourself.  I was just fine without it.  People quitting has never bothered me.  It's a free country - if someone needs to leave a game or their kids need them or they get called into work, why should they put their life on hold just because you feel the need to have witnesses to every "ns" you play?

This new system is destroying a great game.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 4:00 PM

I really fail to understand why the people that really *** about this game and the faults of WGT are still here.  Just go away, you won't see the problems.

I see the problems.  I see that WGT, like most businesses, treats customer service as an expense that is better to not have.

If all the dissatisfied people went away, WGT would be out of business.  Most players, like myself, stay because the game is fun despite the obvious drawbacks.  This keeps WGT going, despite their extremely poor response to obvious game deficiencies.

Some problems, like the swing meter problem, are client side problems.The reason that the problem can occur so easily is down to the fact that our OSes are not real-time.  The slickest, least loaded system you can find is probably going to have time slices that are on the order of 10 to 15 milliseconds.  If two or more processes need to run while you're playing golf, you can just multiply that by the number of processes demanding attention.

If you want to do the math (I have) and figure out how many pixels the game needs to paint on the swing meter for every opportunity it gets to run, you'll see some rather large numbers.

There is maybe one thing WGT could do to reduce this number, but I have no idea whether or not their programmers are at that level of system understanding.  A lot of programmers work their whole life without having to refer to those particular facts.

At any rate, the method involved could definitely cause your system to overheat or your laptop to consume its battery at rates you wouldn't care for.

Me, I just make sure nothing else is running and I keep my background services restricted to what I know is necessary for the functioning of the system.

If you do the same and your swing meter still jumps along 10 or 20 pixels at a time, it's just part of the kind of world that represents desktop systems.  At least you won't get humongous glitches that totally eff up your swing.  (Providing, of course, that third party software like Flash hasn't introduced some really bad stuff.)

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 4:22 PM

MickAnderson:

gmaster007:

Please speak for yourself.  I was just fine without it.  People quitting has never bothered me.  It's a free country - if someone needs to leave a game or their kids need them or they get called into work, why should they put their life on hold just because you feel the need to have witnesses to every "ns" you play?

Not talking about those ppl who leave the game here and there mick,
    I'm talking about chronic quitters, I'd name some if I could,
    their wall is filled with "feedback" from fellow players.

I'm talking about the "1st bogey I make, I'm out" players,
    those types would have a low loooow % of completed rounds,
    and a system that could let us know that, would save us the trouble.
    I don't know how many of you were leading a 3some round,
    only to find yourself finishing it all alone, it sucks! and chronic quitters suck!

be there a disconnecting rank system or not, I'll keep playing multi-p rounds,
    I do it for the feedback, for the company, the chatting and the overall expirience,
    but quitters always ruin it for me, and dare I say, not just me, so there...

I'm sure much will be said for and against it,
    and wiser men than I will have their opinions spread all over the pages of this forum
    my little opinion is just one of many voices, and I think we all want the same thing,
    for this game to be fun again - and I hope it will.

• spaceghost88
    1,624 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 4:42 PM

MickAnderson:

gmaster007:

totaly agree only time i leave a game is when player does not load or freezes and such . this new system makes me look like quitter i am down at 80% when i never quit even doin terrible i stay in but so many quit on turn and freeze it or otherwise this im sorry to say is a wasted effort and counter productive PLEASE UNDO THIS NEW RATING SYSTEM BAD FOR YOUR GAME! do thank you for trying to make it better but this did not work unfortunatly . thank you!

SG88

RSS