Forums

Help › Forums

%%% Disconnect System BLOWS!!!!

Tue, Oct 9 2012 5:45 AM (42 replies)
  • supratbo
    2 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:28 AM

Understandably this new %% of Disconnect is designed to provide information regarding players prior to a game start..

However:

FOR NON QUITTING PLAYERS TO BE DOCKED %%% DUE TO THE DISCONNECT OF ANOTHER PLAYER IS WRONG!!!

If WGT is not capable to knowing which player in a game disconnected then they should remove this new system.!!! Penalizing (by disparaging a players reputation falsely) a player that has not committed a disconnected, even when trying to institute a reasoanble system, should be reconsidered and removed until it works properly and fairly...

• Tom228
    119 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:59 PM

I hate this new system, hate it , hate it, hate it. I played single player all day and had no problems, start multi this evening and have yet to complete a single game, my percentage has dropped a lot.  Was leading in a multi, 5 under after 6 holes and was bounced out X"s 3, disqualified! WTF is going on WGT????

• rocnrolman
    58 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:10 PM

I agree, totally ridiculous

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:38 PM

i was just in a stroke game with another 100%, he disconnected after the Tee off, I was forced to wait 5 minutes (annoying and a waste of time), then it put me back in the game, although I was still subject to shot timer, which is only a minor annoyance.

The major annoyance was the load time of the shots after it put me back in to the game and the long delay between executing the shot and the animation of it, while the shot clock played on. After a few holes of this, I "forfeited" (odd since there was no one to forfeit to, me being the only player present)

Thankfully, I remain 100% completion ratio.

I see much potential for griefing here. Get a foursome going, "disconnect" , waste 5 minutes minutes of 3 people's lives.

Good Luck with this feature, WGT.

• RockyBass
    128 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 9:54 AM

WGT the 5 minute thing is nuts. Please undo it so we can continue to play. This is one "Fix"at would make me take my $ else-ware.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 10:10 AM

5 times today, i've played 117 days straight and spent a lot of hard earned cash buying balls and upgrades, there are other golf games on line, WGT need to sort their gimmicks out otherwise i will take my cash elsewhere!!!

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 2:47 PM

sure this new feature has its flaws, and I hate them too,
    but we NEED a quitter filter, AND we need the game crash lobby,
    so, we need a fix. we need the system to penalize only those who quit,
    we need to reduce waiting time to roughly 90 seconds,
    we need (IMO) to change the word "forfeit" to "end game",
    because lets face it, these morons are creatures of ego,
    and for some odd reason, they won't click anything that says "forfeit"
    thinking that by closing the client and leaving the rest of us to hang dry is anything OTHER than that.

I'm hoping these fixes and others based on feedback will be applied soon,
    but I don't think we should throw out the baby with the bath water on this one,
    I for one am sick to my stomach with these quitters, and I wanna be able to
    filter them the f*ck out when I start/join a new round.

• graemelee99
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 3:18 PM

I have 93% and have only ever not completed games due to WGT errors or someone else having errors or other problems.... WTF????

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 3:22 PM

Wow, and not one reply from admin.  Unbelievable.

That's the worst thing about this place - the rudeness and ignorance of admin.

They're destroying this game, their customers are trying to tell them, and they just ignore us.

Thanks to the effed up disconnect change and getting booted mid-game today, I am now at 87%.  Everyone thinks I'm a quitter so declines games.  Now I can't even get a game.

Way to destroy the game.

RSS